India has now official broke into top ten super computers in the world.
For the first time ever, India placed a system in the Top 10. The Computational Research Laboratories, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Sons Ltd. in Pune, India, installed a Hewlett-Packard Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c system. They integrated this system with their own innovative routing technology and achieved 117.9 TFlop/s performance.
The twice-yearly TOP500 list of the world's fastest supercomputers, already a closely watched event in the world of high performance computing, is expected to become an even hotter topic of discussion as the latest list shows five new entrants in the Top 10, which includes sites in the United States, Germany, India and Sweden.
1. USA - BlueGene/L - eServer Blue Gene Solution
2. Germany - JUGENE - Blue Gene/P Solution
3. USA - SGI Altix ICE 8200, Xeon quad core 3.0 GHz
4. India - Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c, Xeon 53xx 3GHz, Infiniband
5. Sweden - Cluster Platform 3000 BL460c, Xeon 53xx 2.66GHz, Infiniband