3. WHAT ARE MICRO CONTROLLERS?• A microcontroller is a small computer on a single integrated circuit containing a processor core, memory, and programmable input/output peripherals.• Microcontrollers are designed for embedded applications, in contrast to the microprocessors used in personal computers or other general purpose applications.• A microcontroller is often small and low cost. The components are chosen to minimize size and to be as inexpensive as possible.
4. MICRO CONTROLLERS INWASHING MACHINE
5. WHY MICRO CONTROLLERS AREPREFERRED IN WASHING MACHINE?• Adds a digital user interface with push buttons rather than knobs• Control and sensing go hand in hand, so tracking of speed of motors , water temperature, electrical failures, etc. is possible easily• Have easier control over machine operation (timing profiles, intensity, motor speed, etc)
6. BREADBOARD OF WASHING MACHINESWITH MICROCONTROLLER:
7. WORKING (IN SIMPLE TERMS):--Chip has number of input and output pins--The chip monitors the states of thewashing machine according to the inputselected by user--Chip also has some analogue inputs andoutputs . Analogue input for comparing thetemp. and for perferming certain operationsat defiined temp.and analogue outputs tovary the motor speed or water flow rate.
8. ACTUAL WORKING:• Used for controlling both the IGBTs for motor drive and the system.• Need the capability to efficiently control the torque and the amount of water suitable for the amount of laundry.• Generally microcontrollers with Vector Engines are used for controlling multiple motors efficiently and smoothly.
9. • The Vector Engine is a dedicated hardware that automatically performs basic processing of the Vector control and executes the PI controller to control electric current.• Circuits of the Vector Engine consist of the following sections:-Arithmetic unit to execute processing (called atask for Vector Engine).-Scheduler to control the operation of tasks.-Interface between an AD converter and PWMoutput.
10. • An interrupt signal from an AD converter activates the Vector Engine. The Vector Engine acquires data and executes computing such as coordinate transformation and aspect conversion. Complex computation using complicated software is no longer required, because the Vector Engine automatically performs the PI control for controlling speed, aspect conversion using space vector and puts data into the PWM output circuit
11. Advantages:• It works more efficiently then the earlier knobs• It helps to maintain the water levels and also helps to perform specific operations at specific time