1. Sex Ratio : A broad Scenario<br />Dr. K. P. Patel<br />Appropriate Authority (PNDT) &<br />Chief District Health Officer, Jamnagar<br />
2. It is an index of male - female (im)balance in population. <br />Sex ratio, in India, is defined as the number of females per 1000 males in the population. Internationally sex ratio is defined as number of males per 100 females. <br />At the Census 2001, sex ratio of population stood at 933 females per 1000 males a marginal increase from 927 recorded at the 1991 Census<br />What is Sex Ratio ?<br />
4. Population of India (in millions)<br />
6. Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) India and Gujarat<br />
8. Gujarat- Child sex ratio in age group 0-6(Districts)<br />1991 (923)<br />2001<br />(883)<br />
9. Taluka wise Sex Ratio<br />
11. Reporting Unit wise Analysis<br />
15. Reasons for decline in child sex Ratio<br /><ul><li>Neglect of Female, resulting in higher Mortality at younger ages.
16. Female infanticide and Female Feticide</li></ul>Factor responsible for Female Feticide<br /><ul><li>Obsession for Son.
17. Discrimination against the girl child
18. Socio-Economic and physical insecurity of women
19. Evil of dowry
20. Misuse of PNDT Act.
21. Lack of Awareness about the PNDT Act and its ineffective implementation </li></li></ul><li>LET'S CELEBRATE THE GIRL CHILD<br />THANK YOU!<br />