Recent estimates show that a typical worker will take 12 minutes to process a single document. Nine of these 12 minutes are spent searching, retrieving and refiling the document—meaning that only three minutes are spent actually using the information they’ve found.
It also saves time by; Responding quickly to auditors’ requests for information.
Because a document management system helps you better utilize your time, you generate more revenue. You spend more time meeting with clients and closing deals, offering the added-value of a quicker response time to customer queries and providing quality customer service which ultimately leads to more referrals. A document management system cuts costs and increases revenue by : • Lowering paper-handling costs. • Cutting the filing, duplication and retrieval costs of off-site storage. • Reducing organizational downtime in the case of a natural disaster. • Simplifying business continuity planning. Generally, lower costs and increased revenue result in enhanced profitability and greater business value. The cost of implementing a document management solution is ultimately an investment in your future organizational success.
Document management can help your organization increase productivity and efficiency with : • Intelligent search methods that support searching through whatever criteria you have available. • Streamlined document distribution and improved accountability with automated workflow routing and notification. • Reduced labor and clerical mistakes with automated OCR and indexing. • Management of your entire organizational archives from your desktop computer. • Fast document distribution with Web publishing.
A workflow solution allows your organization to: • Design rules-based routing systems to streamline document-handling procedures. • Copy and move documents using routing services and your computer network. • Automatically notify staff and supervisors when certain events take place. • Monitor user activity, guaranteeing efficiency and project completion while enabling enhanced staff efficiency reporting. Workflow solutions give you the power to recapture lost hours, reduce your overhead expenses and increase profitability, all while improving the level of service you provide to your customers.
Organizations have unique needs that are not often met by consumer products. And while you may know that you need assistance figuring out how to help your organization improve efficiency, profitability and productivity, you may not know where to begin.
1. Enterprise Document Management System (PS-EDMS) July 2009
2. <ul><li>Corporate Introduction </li></ul><ul><li>Proposed Solution </li></ul><ul><li>Business & Technical Values </li></ul><ul><li>How EDMS is solving Critical-Business Problems </li></ul><ul><li>EDMS Main Components & Modules </li></ul><ul><li>Questions and Answers </li></ul>Agenda
3. <ul><li>ProgressSoft is a Software Solution Provider offering a portfolio of solutions to the financial institutions focusing on imaging technologies and Real-Time Payments </li></ul><ul><li>Established since 1989, with offices in Jordan, Qatar, Oman and many other operating countries </li></ul><ul><li>Over 500 clients in 19 countries, including the Middle East, Canada, Germany, UK and the US </li></ul><ul><li>IBM, HP, Oracle, Microsoft and Sun Technology </li></ul><ul><li>282 professionals and certified engineers </li></ul>Corporate Introduction Innovate. Pursue. Actualize .
4. Products & Solutions PS-ECC The world’s first end-to-end nation-wide electronic image-based check clearing solution Prompt Check The bank-oriented check clearing solution Inward, Outward check clearing. PS-In-House In-house check clearing solution for inter-branch clearing transactions Prompt Settlement Specially designed for the Clearing House Unit, or what is known (ACH). Prompt RDC Corporate Remote Deposit Capture solution Prompt POS Merchant Point-of-Sale Remote Deposit Capture Solution Prompt ATM/CDM 24/7 ATM/CDM Check Deposit Capture Prompt xBorder Bank-2-Bank Int’l Check Clearing Solution PS-ARC A fully integrated secure archiving solution that avail a long term storage environment for checks’ images and transactions
5. Products & Solutions <ul><li>PS-SIG </li></ul><ul><li>The PS-SIG Solution provides financial institution with signature verification, and exchanging officers signatures with correspondent institutions. </li></ul><ul><li>PS-EDMS </li></ul><ul><li>Enterprise Document Management Solution that electronically captures all business documents to be consistently stored, retrieved and routed whenever needed. </li></ul>PS-ASV The Automatic Signature Verification & Recognition Solution facilitates artificial intelligence, analytical and geometrical analysis, and pattern recognition, to provide superior automatic signature verification results.
6. Jordan Central Bank of Jordan Arab Bank Arab Islamic Int’l Bank Arab Jordan Investment Bank Arab Bank Corporation ( ABC Bank ) Arab Land Bank Societe Generale De Banque Bank of Jordan Banque Audi BLOM Bank Egyptian Arab Land Bank Export & Finance Bank HSBC Jordan Commercial Bank CitiBank Jordan Gulf Bank Jordan Islamic Bank for Finance and Investment Jordan Investment and Finance Bank Jordan Islamic Bank The Housing Bank for Trade and Finance Jordan Kuwait Bank Jordan National Bank National Bank of Kuwait Rafidain Bank Cairo Amman Bank Standard Chartered Bank Union Bank for Savings and Investment Palestine Cairo Amman Bank Commercial Bank of Palestine Egyptian Arab Land Bank Housing Bank Jordan National Bank Palestinian Investment Bank Quds Bank Al-Aqsa Bank Qatar Qatar Central Bank Qatar National Bank Commercial Bank of Qatar Qatar Int’l Islamic Bank Qatar Islamic Bank Bank Saderat Iran Doha Bank Limited The Arab Bank PLC Mashreq Bank Standard Chartered Bank ANZ Grindlays Bank Limited HSBC - Qatar United Bank Limited Al-Ahli Bank of Qatar BNP Banque Paribas Sudan National Bank of Sudan Emirates & Sudan Bank Omdurman National Bank Nilein Industrial Development Bank Group Agricultural Bank of Sudan Commercial & Real Estate Bank Faisal Islamic Bank Sudanese French Bank Blue Nile Bank Almashrg Sudanese Islamic Bank Tadamon Islamic Bank Islamic Co-Operative Development Al Baraka Bank Export Development Bank Saudi Sudanese Bank Workers National Bank Animal Resource Bank Al Shamal Islamic Bank Farmer's Commercial Bank Ivory Bank Alsaahel & Alsahra Bank Byblos Bank National Bank of Abu Dhabi Habib Bank-Khartoum Financial Investment Bank Savings & Social Development Bank Gadarif Bank Al Salam bank Bank of Khartoum Sudanese Egyption Bank Industrial Development Bank Capital Bank Yemen Central Bank of Yemen Tadhamon Islamic Bank Yemen Bank for Recon. & Dev. Yemen Islamic Bank Yemen Bahrain Shamil Bank Yemen Commercial Bank Saudi Arabia Arab National Bank Saudi Hollandi Bank Lebanon Inaash Bank Lebanon National Bank Lebanon and Kuwait Bank Saderat Iran Bank Lebanese Canadian Bank Sultanate of Oman Central Bank of Oman All Banks in Oman ProgressSoft Clients List Banking & Financial Institutions
7. Canada Alis Technologies Inc. Cyprus Emerald Bank England Jawaby Oil Services Co. Ltd. Egypt League of Arab States Prime Ministry Germany Mediterranean Oil Services GmbH Jordan Royal Court-HRH Crown Ministry of Agriculture Ministry of Finance Ministry of Interior Ministry of Planning Ministry of Trade and Industry Amman Chamber of Commerce Social Security Corporation Free Zone Corporation Arab Potash Co. Ltd. Department of Customs Department of Lands and Survey Department of Supreme Judge Jordan Phosphate Mines Co. Jordan Radio and TV Jordan Telecommunications Co Jordan Valley Authority Jordan Water Authority Jordan Electric Authority Jordan Press Foundation Jordan Valley Authority Jordan Electric Authority Jordan Engineers Association Jordan Armed Forces Jordan Investment Board General Security Directorate Municipality of Greater Amman Postal Saving Fund Royal Jordanian – RJ Royal Jordanian Air Force Sout Al-Nahda Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation. Allied Engineers Arab Insurance Company Amman International Hotel Al-Asria Dairy Al-Farid Stores Bostami and Saheb Trading Co Fastlink George Jordan & Sons Houston Casualty IDECO Jordan Insurance Co. JWICO JETT MedNet Company Al-Keena Hypienic Paper Mill Co. NEPCO CEGCO Middle East Complex Jordan Cement Factory MID Contracting Mitwalli Steel Products NESTLE-Jordan Petra for Investment SAFEWAY Shihadah and Partners Spinneys TECHMIX Salman Bros. Trading VISA Applied Scientific University Jordan University Irbid National University Palestine EDISCO Palestinian Cen Bureau of Statistics Palestine Securities Exchange Al-Najah University Al-Quds Open University Birzeit University Qatar Qatar Telecommunications Co. Ministry of Education Ministry of Interior Hamad Medical Corporation University of Qatar Qata Courts Int’l Organizations UN-ESCWA US-Agency for Int’l Development Hayel Saeed Anam Group Indonesia Pacific Median Industry Indo-dairy Co. Ltd. Lebanon Kadisha Electric Authority Oriental Union of Pharmaceuticals Al-Fajr Insurance Company ProgressSoft Clients List Banking & Financial Institutions
8. Libya Arabian Gulf Oil Company National Oil Corporation Ras Lanuf Oil and Gas Processing Co. Brega Oil Marketing Co. National Oil Wells Drilling and Workover Co. Malta Orion Communication Services Saudi Arabia Saudi ARAMCO Mobil Refinery Co. Al-Fozan Group Al-Waseet Computers King Faisal University Muawwad Group Abdul-Aziz Al-Uthaim Jewelery Mitwalli Steel Products Co. National Agricultural Dev. Co. Al-Jomaih Holding Co. UAE Central Post Office of Dubai Dubai Radio and TV Government of Dubai - Courts Horizon Information Systems Police Directorate of Dubai Fast Trade Est. Sudan Civil Aviation Authority Sudanese Malisian Factory Gulf Sudan Oil Company Syria Remote Exploration Institute Ministry of Communication Yemen Saba’ fone Hayel Saeed Anam Group General Ind. & Pack. Co. Yemen Co. for Industry National Co. for Sponge National Dairy & food Co United Ind. Company Yemen Co. for Ghee & Soup Yemen Co. for Lubricant Ind. Al-Saeed Hospital Hadramot Industrial Complex National Trading Company Middle East Trading Co. ProgressSoft Clients List Banking & Financial Institutions
10. Partnership & Alliances World-wide Product Reach
11. 110 Installations of Prompt Check the Bank Check Clearing Solution 4 Exclusive Nation-wide Electronic Check Clearing Solution 72 Installations of PS-SIG, the Signature Verification Solution 76 Installation of PS-EDMS, the Document Management Solution 92,347 Copies of PS-TERM, The Terminal Emulation Solution Installations
12. <ul><li>First announced our innovative check clearing solution in CeBIT, Sibos and MEFTEC. </li></ul>Always at the Front
13. Proposed Solution PS-EDMS ?
14. <ul><li>S treamlining the business processes and increasing efficiency are fundamental concerns for any organization regardless of its size or sector. </li></ul>Introduction
15. <ul><li>Digital document management systems can lead your organization to success by: </li></ul><ul><li>Saving money. </li></ul><ul><li>Saving time. </li></ul><ul><li>Increasing efficiency. </li></ul><ul><li>Increasing productivity and rising revenue. </li></ul><ul><li>Involving more inter-departmental and inter-organizational communication and collaboration. </li></ul>Introduction
16. <ul><li>E nterprise D ocument M anagement S ystem is a solution developed by ProgressSoft that provides enterprise level customers with the means of capturing, importing, retrieving, and archiving paper documents and various electronic files through an efficient process and few steps. </li></ul><ul><li>EDMS was firstly released in 1992, and then it has grown to cover enterprise wide organizations needs </li></ul>EDMS Solution
17. <ul><li>Electronically captures all business documents to be consistently stored, retrieved and routed whenever needed </li></ul><ul><li>Systematically control document alteration and versioning protocols </li></ul><ul><li>The document management process begins by the conversion of paper documents to electronic files which eliminates many of the obstacles that arise from paper documents. </li></ul>EDMS Solution
18. <ul><li>Handles high volume of documents </li></ul><ul><li>Manages various types of documents including images, office documents, video, audio ..etc </li></ul><ul><li>Quick access to the current and historical documents </li></ul><ul><li>High level of security </li></ul>EDMS Added Values
19. <ul><li>Reduced effort & time </li></ul><ul><li>Optimized paperless environment </li></ul><ul><li>Prompt accessibility </li></ul><ul><li>High Return on Investment (ROI) </li></ul><ul><li>Full reflection of the business needs and requirements </li></ul>EDMS Benefits
20. <ul><li>Powerful Indexing </li></ul><ul><li>Search engine and interface for all levels of users </li></ul><ul><li>Web-based administration of all application documents, objects & functions </li></ul><ul><li>User, group and role-based enterprise-wide security </li></ul>EDMS Business Features
21. <ul><li>Supports Oracle and MS-SQL </li></ul><ul><li>Supports most types of scanners (Kofax, Twain) </li></ul><ul><li>Arabic and English OCR </li></ul><ul><li>Document processing and compression </li></ul>EDMS Technical Features
22. <ul><li>1. Save Time: </li></ul><ul><li>Digital document management can help you brilliantly deal with the rapidly-increasing burden of creating and maintaining your organization’s paper archives, by managing and protecting your organizational assets. </li></ul><ul><li>Digital Document Management saves time while assuring the balance between security and accessibility. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
23. <ul><li>A document management system can help you save time by: </li></ul><ul><li>Answering inquiries immediately, eliminating call-backs. </li></ul><ul><li>Instantly locating documents and highlighting essential information. </li></ul><ul><li>Eliminating the loss of documents that would require recreation and refiling. </li></ul><ul><li>Cutting the time spent on copying and moving documents through an efficient automated workflow and routing mechanisms. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
24. <ul><li>2. Increase Profitability: </li></ul><ul><li>Invest your time in having more business opportunities and deals instead of consuming your time in managing documents by manual archiving processes. </li></ul><ul><li>Document management System leads the company to the long-term saving of time and money. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
25. <ul><li>3. Increase Productivity and Efficiency: </li></ul><ul><li>Put the right tools - and the right information - in the hands of the right people. </li></ul><ul><li>The EDMS intelligent search tools can raise the customer services to the highest productivity and efficiency levels. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
26. <ul><li>4. Increase Communication and Collaboration: </li></ul><ul><li>As more and more organizations adopt document management systems and replace filing cabinets and microfilms by digitized images, they still face the problem of getting information to users who don’t have access to the system. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
27. <ul><li>Document management systems make it easy to share documents electronically with colleagues and clients by: </li></ul><ul><li>Working with documents on a wide variety of Internet browsers. </li></ul><ul><li>Balance access and security, assisting you in retaining strict control over which documents are available to staff and the general public. </li></ul><ul><li>Providing viewing and search capabilities, so that documents can be viewed and searched on any PC, regardless of whether a document management software is installed or not. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
28. <ul><li>5. Enable Automation: </li></ul><ul><li>Document management solutions with an automated workflow component deliver more efficient work processes. </li></ul><ul><li>A workflow solution reduces costly paper handling through intelligent document routing, saves time and money by eliminating photocopying, hand delivery and repetitive dragging and dropping. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
29. <ul><li>With a rapidly-changing technology and an increasing emphasis on managing information properly, clients are looking for experts to help them address business-critical issues. </li></ul><ul><li>You don’t have to change the way you work to improve the efficiency of your work processes. With a quality digital document management solution, you can work the way you always have, just without the clutter and limitations of paper. </li></ul>Solving Business-Critical Problems
30. <ul><li>All efficient document management systems should have five basic components: </li></ul><ul><li>Capture and Import tools to insert documents into the system. </li></ul><ul><li>Storing and Archiving methods for various documents types. </li></ul><ul><li>Indexing and Retrieval tools to locate documents. </li></ul><ul><li>Distribution tools for Exporting documents from the system. </li></ul><ul><li>Security method to protect documents from unauthorized access. </li></ul>EDMS Main Components
31. EDMS Main Components
32. EDMS Main Roles
33. <ul><li>Desktop and web entry capabilities </li></ul><ul><li>Customized entry workflow </li></ul><ul><li>Different scanning options </li></ul><ul><li>Batch processing </li></ul><ul><li>Automatic indexing </li></ul>PS-EDMS Modules – Entry
34. <ul><li>Built-In viewer (MS Office, PDF, various images formats) </li></ul><ul><li>Browsing module using </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Folder Hierarchy </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Quick Search Tools </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Dynamic Queries </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Integration with other applications </li></ul></ul>PS-EDMS Modules – Retrieval
35. <ul><li>Document Indices </li></ul><ul><li>Document Classifications </li></ul><ul><li>Dynamic and Static Folder Structure </li></ul><ul><li>Cache and Log Management </li></ul>PS-EDMS Modules – Administration
36. <ul><ul><li>Different authentication levels (LDAP and Directory Users) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Auditing and tracking </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Role based authorization </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Security can be defined: </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Per Document </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Per Function </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Per Object </li></ul></ul></ul>PS-EDMS Modules – Security
37. <ul><li>Bilingual interface </li></ul><ul><li>Online support services </li></ul><ul><li>High scalability and availability </li></ul><ul><li>On-line help and User Manual </li></ul>Additional Features