Sr. Financial Planning Analyst
Stanford Financial Group
Organization Profile and Position Description
Stanford Financial Group
Stanford Financial Group is a global network of affiliated companies providing private banking,
commercial banking, brokerage and investment banking, investment advisory, trust services, real
estate development and insurance. Although independent, each company works in cooperation
with other Stanford affiliates to provide coordinated wealth management programs for clients
• Stanford Group Company – headquartered in Houston, Texas, is a full-service financial
planning and wealth management company serving private investors, corporations,
governments, and institutions worldwide. SGC offers access to a complete range of
• Stanford Capital Management, LLC – is a U.S. based registered investment advisor,
headquartered in Houston, Texas. SCM offers proprietary investment strategies built
around the Stanford philosophy of global diversification, tactical asset allocation and
strategic risk management.
• Stanford Capital Markets Group – the Capital Markets Group acts as a principal or
intermediary for companies seeking capital through private placements and public
offerings. Through the merchant banking and investment banking divisions, CMB
provides financial and management advice, assistance with recapitalizations, debt
restructurings, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
• Stanford Trust Company – headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, helps manage and
protect wealth for individuals, families, businesses and non-profit organizations in the
United States. Stanford Trust also assists with the creation of charitable trusts,
foundations and endowments for institutions.
• Stanford Coins & Bullion, Inc. – provides clients with an opportunity to diversify
investment portfolios through rare coins held over the long-term or by using the bullion
market as a hedge against inflation. SCB offers modern U.S. and world gold, silver and
platinum bullion and select U.S. rare coins.
• Stanford Fiduciary Investor Services – with offices in Florida (Miami) and Texas
(Houston and San Antonio) assists non-U.S. clients in the formation of international
trusts, international business companies and international foundations.
• Stanford Development Corporation – a real estate acquisition, development and
management organization headquartered in Houston, specializing in both residential and
• Stanford International Bank Limited Representative office in Canada – based in
Montreal, Quebec, promotes Stanford International Bank's private banking products, and
provides a liaison between the bank and its customers in Canada.
• Stanford Bank (Panama), S.A. – provides commercial & private banking, and fiduciary
services from its offices and branches in Panama City, Panama. The bank’s wide variety
of products, together with the services and products of its subsidiary broker/dealer in
Panama, allow it to offer coordinated asset management programs to its local and
• Stanford Casa de Valores, S.A. (in Panama) – provides brokerage and dealer services
from its offices in Panama City, Panama.
• Stanford Bank, S.A., Banco Comercial (in Venezuela) – provides commercial & retail
banking services to individuals, commercial entities and federal agencies throughout
Venezuela, with fifteen branches located in the cities of Caracas, Valencia, Maracaibo,
Barquisimeto, Maracay, Cagua, Puerto Ordaz, Acarigua and Puerto la Cruz.
• Stanford Group Venezuela Asesores de Inversion, C.A. – is a licensed financial planning
and investment advisory firm with offices in Caracas, Valencia, Maracaibo and Puerto
• Stanford Group Casa de Valores, S.A. (in Ecuador) – is a leading brokerage house in
Ecuador. Stanford Group Casa de Valores has seats on both the Quito Stock Exchange
and the Guayaquil Stock Exchange. The company raises funds in the capital markets for
some of the largest public and private sector entities in the country.
• Stanford Trust Company Administratora de Fondos y Fideicomisos (in Ecuador) – with
offices in Quito and Guayaquil, Ecuador, provides trust formation and administration
services for companies, individuals and government entities.
• Stanford Bolsa y Banca, S.A., Comisionista de Bolsa (in Colombia) – is a broker/dealer
with offices in Bogota and Medellin, Colombia. Bolsa y Banca provides to its clients full
access to the Colombian securities market, and, through referral relationships, to other
products and services of the Stanford network.
• Stanford Trust Representative office in Colombia –based in Bogota, Colombia, assists
clients in the formation and administration of Trusts, the formation of international
business companies, and other matters relating to Trusts.
• Stanford Group Peru, S.A., Sociedad Agente de Bolsa – headquartered in Lima, is an
investment advisory firm supervised by the Comision Nacional de Empresas y Valores
(CONASEV). Stanford Group Peru offers a full complement of brokerage, investment
advisory and investment banking services to private individuals, corporations and
• Stanford Group Mexico, S.A. de C.V. – a business advisory firm headquartered in Mexico
City with offices in other cities as well. The company provides economic and financial
consulting services to individuals and corporate entities throughout the EMEA markets.
In addition, Stanford Group Mexico provides in-depth analysis, strategic planning and
business forecasting advise for a variety of businesses in the private sector.
• Stanford Fondos, S.A. de C.V., (in Mexico) – is a mutual fund distributor with offices in
Mexico City, Puebla and Monterrey. Through strategic alliances, Stanford Fondos
provides to its clients access to the majority of the mutual funds offered in the Mexican
• Stanford International Bank Limited – provides international private banking services to
investors around the world from its head office in Antigua, West Indies. The bank has a
long tradition of one-to-one personal service and commitment to each client’s special
needs in an atmosphere of professionalism and trust.
• Stanford Trust Company Limited – domiciled in Antigua, STCL offers a broad range of
trust services designed for non-U.S. citizens and residents. Through a trust arrangement,
a client may select a combination of investment products ranging from private banking,
financial planning and brokerage services to real estate development and insurance sales,
all within the Stanford group of affiliated companies.
• Stanford Group (Antigua) Limited – is an investment advisory firm headquartered in St.
John's, Antigua. Working within the Stanford network, the company provides financial
planning and investment advisory services to individuals and corporations worldwide.
• Bank of Antigua Limited – is a leading commercial bank in the Eastern Caribbean, and
since 1981, a major developer of the island’s economy. Headquartered near the
international airport, branch offices are located at Nelson’s Dockyard (a popular
gathering spot for the international yachting community) and near the harbor in
downtown St. John’s. BOA offers many conveniences and advantages to citizens in
• Stanford Development Company Limited – headquartered in Antigua, specialized in the
Caribbean real estate market. The firm’s professionals understand the unique demands
involved in developing projects in the Caribbean, given their first-hand experience living
and working in the region. SDCL offers architecture, construction, landscaping and
property management services.
• Stanford Group Aruba N.V. – is an investment advisory firm headquartered in
Oranjestad. Working within the Stanford network, the company provides financial
planning and investment advisory services to individuals and corporations worldwide.
For the convenience of international clientele, the office maintains a multilingual staff
proficient in four languages – English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento.
• Stanford Group (Suisse) AG – based in Zurich, Switzerland, provides investment
advisory, asset management and trust services. Through proprietary capabilities and
long-standing alliances, the group offers a sophisticated range of financial products
designed to enhance the wealth management services already in place within the Stanford
The Stanford tradition dates back to 1932, during the heart of the Great Depression, when Lodis
B. Stanford launched his own business. Although it was a time of great hardship and adversity,
Stanford moved ahead with steadfast determination. By consistently delivering the highest level
of service possible and seeking out the absolute best in product and human resources, his
company not only survived the worst economic period in American history, but over the decades
blossomed into an international family of companies.
Today, the Stanford companies and their 3,000 employees provide an extraordinary level of
personalized service—customized programs, expert advice and a better way of doing business.
Stanford Financial focuses on every account individually and recognizes the unique goals and
aspirations of each client. The individuals who represent Stanford are among the most
outstanding professionals in their industries—with proven capabilities, knowledge and
experience. Their client relationships last for decades and generations.
The Stanford Financial Group network of companies includes locations in: North America
Atlanta, Austin, Baton Rouge, Boca Raton, Charlotte, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Jackson,
Lafayette, Little Rock, Longboat Key, Memphis, Miami, Nashville, San Antonio, Tupelo, New
York, Washington, D.C., and Montreal; Latin America: Mexico City, Puebla, Monterrey,
Panama City, Bogota, Medellin, Quito, Guayaquil, Lima, Caracas, Valencia, Maracaibo,
Barquisimeto, Maracay, Cagua, Puerto Ordaz, Acarigua and Puerto la Cruz; the Caribbean: St.
John's, Antigua, Oranjestad and St. Croix, and Europe: Zurich.
Stanford Financial Group’s management philosophy turns on the belief that human relationships
and cooperation are at the center of the creation and maintenance of an outstanding financial
services firm. The firm upholds four fundamental ideas within this theory that it feels are the
underlying keys to its success:
• An Entrepreneurial Spirit – Stanford Group Company promotes independent thinking
and innovation. These expanding boundaries help individuals explore new opportunities
and reach higher levels of professional achievement.
• Shared Goals – Stanford Group employees are part of a close-knit professional team that
shares a bottom-line commitment to serve its clients with integrity and respect. In this
focused environment, everyone participates and achieves ownership of ideas and
• Mutual Trust – Stanford Group Company fosters a spirit of respect and trust. The result
is an open exchange of ideas and efficient communications throughout the company.
• Unlimited Potential – Stanford Group Company creates an environment where individual
performance is generously rewarded. Management and staff provide direction and
support, but it is the individual efforts of each employee that determine his or her
Products and Services
The Stanford Financial Group of companies offers a full spectrum of financial services, focusing
on six specific areas:
• Investment Advisory
• Trust Services
• International Private Banking
• Commercial Banking
• Real Estate Investment
We are currently seeking a results-driven, motivated Senior Financial Planning Analyst to be
responsible for providing financial planning and analytical support to manage and oversee
specific financial planning projects for high net worth clients. This position will require both
sound technical skills as well as strong inter-personal skills in fostering relationships with
colleagues and the senior executive team. The Sr. Financial Planning Analyst will work closely
with the Director, Financial planning in leading the talent and workflow of this team; develop
new clients with internal partners as well as individually with external sources; and document
opportunities identified from the financial planning process.
This position will be based in Houston, Texas.
• Support the organization in preparing and analyzing detailed financial plans, as well as
fulfilling any project based requests.
• Provide analysis, work product preparation for the Director, Financial Planning.
• Responsible for becoming a working partner with Relationship Managers during the
consultative process with the client.
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in Finance and/or Accounting
• Designation as either CPA or CFP or equivalent experience
• Proficient in tax and financial planning areas such as estate planning; retirement
planning; compensation and benefits, including stock options; income taxes, including
tax research, return preparation and planning; investment planning, including
fundamentals of modern portfolio theory; and risk management
• Possess industry knowledge, technical skills and relationship building skills to earn trust
and respect of internal partners and clients
• Must be knowledgeable of financial planning programs and proficient in current office
and spreadsheet software
• Minimum 4 years experience in comprehensive financial planning
• Must be a self starter who is motivated, technically astute and team oriented
• Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are critical.
Reports to: Director, Financial Planning