Question -what is your gender?
It is equal as I purposely handed them out to ten girls and ten boys as I didn’t want
them to be bias towards either gender. This means that when I’m creating my music
magazine it will be generalized in both genders and not just one.
Question –How old are you?
• I’ve decided that my target audience will be 15-18 as 14 people out of 20 were this
age. They were also the range which has the best/most positive answers about the
questionnaire. I believe this will also be the most successful target audience as 15 to
18 is the age where they’re mostly interested in music.
Question –How often do you buy a music magazine?
• After this question, I've decided to change my initial ideas from weekly to monthly. As
that seems to be more successful with other music magazines and it will be easier for
them save the money for it.
Question –What type of music magazine do you read regularly?
• As Q magazine got higher marks in this question, I’ve decided to use some ideas
from their music magazine. Such as, regular content and featured articles. As
Kerrang and NME also got high marks I've decided to also read though these and get
some ideas from there.
Question: How relevant do you think the front covers colour impacts on you?(1 being very
relevant and 5 being very irrelevant)
These results surprised me, although number 1 got the most votes with 8. Number 3
got the second highest votes with 7. I thought there would be a big difference and
number 1 would be a lot higher. Although many people don’t think it matters to much.
I am going to spend a lot of time making it right of my magazine.
Question: What is the first thing you recognise on a magazine front cover?
• As people think that the main image is most important, I will make sure the image is
up to standard and looks professional.
Question: How much would you be willing to pay for a music magazine?
• Now I have seen peoples thoughts, I've decided to lower my initial thoughts and
change the price from £4.50 to £3.50. This is an easy amount of money per month so
I believe that the readers of this magazine will agree with this.
You me at six
Question: What is your favourite artist/band?
• I asked this question too see what bands and artists interests the readers most, this
gives me more of an idea for my regular and featured content. I will definitely be
adding the bands above to my magazine.
Question: What three words come to mind when you think of indie music?
• I asked this question to give me idea of what my title could be. However, I don’t think
any of the popular words shown above were appropriate for a magazine title.
However, there was a word “clash” used to describe indie music, I don’t really
understand why somebody would link to two words together but I think it is a good
name for a music magazine.
Colours on a music magazine
Question: What three colours would you put on a music magazine?
• This has helped me decide what colours my magazine are going to be, As red white
and black were the main three colours chosen I have decided to use these as my
main colours. However, this may be a problem as there are other magazines with
these colours So I may also add the colour yellow to be more unique.
Methods of buying music
Buying from shops
Question: What are your methods of buying songs and albums?
• This question was asked so I knew if I was giving a freebie or was having a
competition I’d know what people they would like to receive. People obviously prefer
downloading music so I may offer a free music download in my music magazine.