Basic Education Assistance for Muslim Mindanao - “BEAM and TVET in ARMM” Presentation during the ARMM Regional TVET Forum, April 22, 2014, By: Peter Bellen, Component Manager, BEAM-ARMM TVET
- 628 views
“BEAM and TVET in ARMM” ...
“BEAM and TVET in ARMM”
Introduce TechVoc Education and Skills Training in senior secondary school levels
Provide TechVoc skills training to OSY, closely linked to (wage/self) employment opportunities, coupled with work readiness training, entrepreneurship and post-training support systems
STRATEGIC INTERVENTIONS AND TARGET OUTPUTS
• Conduct Labor Market Research
• Train 15,000 OSY on livelihood and employment opportunities, work readiness and entrepreneurship
• Equip 22 secondary school TVET workshop rooms
• Train 300 TVET Trainers
• Train 300 Parents, community members
• Develop post training accompaniment for graduates (i.e. referral to micro-credit facilities, job referral, or marketing support)
KEY TRAINING OUTPUTS
• At least 50% of completers from TESDA covered courses acquire corresponding certification
• At least 50% of completers are employed or are engaged in entrepreneurial activities
Implications on the Designing and Programming of TechVoc for OSY
• TecVoc design should consider low achievements in formal education because majority of the OSY only had high school level education.
• Tech-voc programs should seriously consider providing on-training and post-training support like job information, counseling, and market information.
• Scholarship support is necessary in tech-voc service provision
• Interventions should consider their aspirations, relative to their age range.
BEAM-ARMM offers partnerships with TVET service providers with wide track records and strong capability to conduct trade and livelihood skills training and post-training assistance to OSY in 5 provinces of ARMM
A key solution in improving productivity of OSY in ARMM is through programs, projects, and activities that increase OSY competencies to engage in livelihood activities, e.g. on building competencies of the OSY in agriculture, fisheries, and forestry; three areas that are resource-based and has the potential to provide sustainable livelihood.
- Total Views
- Views on SlideShare
- Embed Views