6. Corporate affairs LogoIn September 2012, eBay introduced a new logoset in Universe . The logo was introduced to the main website on October 10, 2012.
7. Profit and transactions •eBay generates revenue from various fees. •The eBay fee system is quite complex; there are fees to list a product and fees when the product sells (Final Value Fee), plus several optional adornment fees, all based on various factors and scales. •On April 18, 2012 eBay reported a 29% Q1revenue increase to $3.3 billion compared to their Q1 in 2011.
8. “Delivering life style “ Sally longphoi
9. IntroductionRocket Internet backed Jabong.com was launched in India inJanuary 2012.Jabong is a fashion and lifestyle e-commerce owned by rocketinternet. jabong retails apparel, footwear, accessories, beautyproducts, fragrances, home accessories and other fashion andlifestyle products.Its co-founders were Lakshmi Potluri, Arun Chandra Mohan,Praveen Sinha,Manu Jain & Mukul Bafana.Facilities• it provides multiple methods for payment including credit- debitcard.•Net banking delivery•Cash on delivery payment helps buyer to verify the product beforemaking a purchase.
10. DETAILS• Jabong.com has Google page rank #3• The estimated website net worth based on its advertising revenue is around $2.4 Million.• Jabong.com receives 1.1 Million page views per day and generates nearly $3,310 every day in advertising revenue.• Jabong.com has recently shown a 7.69% Growth in the traffic rank.• The average page load time is 1 seconds, which is faster than 56% of sites around the world
11. As shown in the graph on jan 22 the customers visitedon jabong.com was very high.
12. Benefits of buying on jabong.com•free shipping.•Cash on delivery.•30 days of return.•24*7 service.•Coupon benefit.StrategyJabong’s targeting the womenfolk more thanmen even though they have an equally goodinventory for men.It has a phenomenal presence on Facebook and agood strategy for Twitter as well. Apart from that,it’s also present on YouTube and Google+.
13. INTRODUCTION• Myntra.com is an Indian online shopping retailer of fashion and casual lifestyle products, and headquartered in Bangalore.• Myntra was established by Mukesh Bansal, Ashutosh Lawania, and Vineet Saxena in February 2007. All three are IIT alumni, and have worked for several start-ups.• It has been funded by Venture Capital funds like IndoUS, IDG & Accel Partners.• About Website :- Myntra is Indias largest online shopping destination. With over 500+ international and national brands, Myntra sells authentic fashion apparel, fashion accessories and footwear for men, women and children. Free Shipping, 24-Hour Dispatch, Interest-free EMI and Cash on Delivery with a 30-Day Return facility are reasons for Myntras popularity.
14. Current position• Leading Indian fashion and lifestyle e-commerce platform Myntra.com is aiming for a turnover of Rs 500 crores in 2012- ’13.• Myntra.com, a fast growing e-commerce platform for fashion and lifestyle products, is all set to launch its own clothesline within a month’s time.• Myntra.com makes 8000 transactions per day and sells around 10,000-12,000 items per day. Around 600,000 visitors visit the website everyday• The deal also included the acquisition of SherSingh.com, a private label sports-inspired lifestyle apparel brand for men and women.
15. New business focus and products• Myntra.com, India’s leading e-commerce platform for fashion and lifestyle products with over 500 brands has now added the largest online collection of the iconic international footwear and apparel brand ‘Timberland’ to its portal.• Myntra has tied up with over 500 leading fashion and lifestyle brands in the country such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, Lee, Levis, Wrangler, Arrow, Jealous 21, Biba, Fabindia, US Polo and offers a wide range of branded fashion and lifestyle wear.
16. 6 Things To Consider While Shopping At Myntra• 1. Always Make Payment Under Secure & Encrypted Connection• 2. Keep Transaction Information Handy• 3. Take Detail Of The Shipping Process• 4. Look For Attractive Offers And Best Deals• 5. Keep A Record Of What You Liked• 6. Make Sure There Aren’t Any Hidden Shipping Charges
17. HOW TO TRACK THE ORDER• Orders once shipped can be tracked. You can track your order by following these steps: • Log on to your account by signing in at Myntra.com • Click on My Myntra on top right corner of the page • Click on My Orders under the "My Myntra" section • Click on any pending order to view Order details • If the Order is shipped, you will see a tracking number link for each shipment • Click on the tracking number to view tracking details
18. Snapdeal.com is the fastest growing e-commerce company in India. Snapdeal.com was started in February2010, as a daily deal platform, but laterexpanded into product retailing across variouscategories.Kunal Bhal is the CEO and co-founder ofSnapdeal.Rohit Bansal is the COO & co-founder ofsnapdeal.
19. Snapdeal provides discounted deals everyday on:Retail services merchants such as Restaurants, Health & Beauty, Entertainment.Branded products like Mobile phones, Electronics, Perfumes, Watches, Bags, Sunglasses, among others.Travel & weekend gateways.
20. THE STORY SO FAR…..
21. How Snapdeal Works…. Step 1: Subscribe Subscribe with snapdeal to get daily deal alert on your email and mobile number. Step 2: Buy To buy any deal, click on Buy and make payment by various payment modes: credit card, debit card, online banking, Cash card, Phone and lot more. Step 3: Deal Confirmation Receive your deal vouchers on SMS and Email. Step 4: Redeem Your Deal Show your voucher at the merchant location and redeem the deal.
22. Awards & Recognition Snapdeal acquired Bangalore-based group buying site, Grabbon.com in June 2010 & esportsbuy.com in April 2012. In June 2011, Snapdeal adopted a remote village(Shiv nagar, UP) in India and enabled clean drinking water facilities by installing manual pumps. Winner of Red Herring Asia Awards 2011. E-commerce site of the year at WAT awards that took place in Jan 2012, Mumbai. Voted amongst the Buzziest brands of India in afaqss annual buzz-making poll. Rated the #1 e-commerce site in India, in terms of traction by Dataquest/Sapient E-commerce Survey 2011.
23. PRESENTED BY:MONIKA SRIVASTAVA DM1214094
24. FLIPKARTFlipkart is an indian e-commerce company. It wasfounded by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in 2007with the objective of making book available to everyone who had internet access. In its initial years, Flipkart focused on online sales ofbooks, but it later expanded to electronic goods and avariety of other products.Flipkart offers multiple payment methods like creditcard, debit card, net banking, e-gift voucher, and themajor of all Cash on delivery.
25. Special features• Cash on delivery• 30 day replacement policy• Emi option• Free shipping• Low prices
26. Interesting things about flipkart business model• From browsing to delivery, we can track our order.• The cash on delivery has helped a lot of traditional consumers turns to online shopping.• E-commerce major flipkart has added a new ‘WALLET‘ feature to enable customers store money in their Flipkart account and redeem it on future purchases.
27. WEB JACKING “Web Jacking means forcefully taking over the control of the website (by cracking the password and later changing it). The actual owner of thewebsite does not have any more control over what appears on the website”. “Web Jacking or Browser Hijacking occurs when certain unscrupulous internet hosts turn your browser against us”.
28. It usually comes in these forms: •An unwanted change of the homepage on your browser.•Windows that "Pop-Up" with unsolicited advertisements. •Completely invisible Trojans that report your browsing habits so that advertisers can better "market" us. •Completely invisible Trojans that use your computer to attack others.
29. Solution• Spyware Removal - Use a tool such as Ad-aware, Spybot-Search and Destroy, or Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner.• Pop Up Blocking - Install a Pop Up Blocker. I am currently intalling Free Pop Up Stopper on all new machines or machines as I service them.• Browse as a Limited User - Create a fictitious user on your machine that has restricted privledges and use that profile for web browsing.
30. 2000 Sally longphoi
31. Information Technology Act is one of the important lawrelating to Indian cyber laws. It had passed in Indianparliament in 2000.OBJECTIVES To give legal recognition to digital signature for accepting any agreement via computer. According to I.T. Act 2000, any company can store their data in electronic storage. To make more power to IPO, RBI and Indian Evidence act for restricting electronic crime. To provide facility of filling document online relating to school admission or registration in employment exchange.
32. SCOPE IT Act 2000 is not applicable on the attestation forcreating trust via electronic way. physical attestationis must.Attestation for giving power of attorney ofproperty is not possible via electronic record. A contract of sale of any immovable property.ADVANTAGESHelpful to promote e-commerce.Enhance the corporate business.Filing online forms.High penalty for cyber crimes.
33. Presented by:Roma GuptaDM1214157
34. Cyber stalking is the use of the Internet orother electronic means to stalk someone whichmay be a computer crime or harassment. This term is used interchangeably with onlineharassment and online abuse. The anonymity of online interaction reduces the chance of identification and makes cyber stalking more common than physical stalking. Althoughcyber stalking might seem relatively harmless, it can cause victims psychological and emotional harm, and it may occasionally actual stalking
35. destroy friendships, credit, careers, self-image,and confidence. Ultimately it can lead the victiminto far greater physical danger when combined with real-world stalking. Yes, were talkingserious stuff here. Victims of domestic violence are often cyberstalking victims. They, like everybody else, need to be aware that technology can make cyberstalking easy . Spyware software can be used to monitor everything happening on your computer or cell phone, giving tremendous power and information to cyberstalkers. There are three primary ways in which cyber stalking is conducted - Email Stalking:1. Direct communication through email.2.Internet Stalking: Global communication through the
36. Software Piracy By Soma Chaudhury DM1214185
37. What Is Software Piracy Software piracy is the mislicensing, unauthorized reproduction and illegal distribution of software, whether for business or personal use. Software piracy occurs when people copy, sell, share, or distribute software illegally. It can vary from a limited case of installation of a single-user license on multiple computers to a more chronic problem of widespread online distribution. Regardless of the rationale or delivery method, it is still software piracy.
38. Types of Software PiracyThese are the most prevalent types of software piracy today: Softlifting: purchasing a single licensed copy of software and loading it onto several computers contrary to the license terms. Software counterfeiting: illegally duplicating and selling copyrighted software in a form designed to make it appear legitimate OEM unbundling: selling standalone software that was intended to be bundled with specific accompanying hardware Hard disk loading: installing unauthorized copies of software onto the hard disks of personal computers, often as an incentive for the end user to buy the hardware from that particular hardware dealer Renting: unauthorized selling of software for temporary use.
39. How to Protect SoftwareThe followings are the few ways through which software piracy can be prevented:1. Third Party Software2. Wrappers3. Partial Key Verification4. Hardware Locking5. Online Activation6. Separate Trial and Download7. Dongle Locking
40. LOGIC BOMBA logic bomb is a computer program or pieceof computer code that activates only whencertain conditions are met. Logic bombs areoften malicious, but they have legitimate uses,too.
41. ActivationA logic bomb starts out dormant. It checks system data periodically until it sees what its looking for and then it carries out its programmed instruction LimitedA logic bomb does not replicate and spread itself,which makes it different from a virus. A logic bomb islaunched at a specific target for a specific purpose.
42. Malicious Use• An example of the possible malicious use of logic bombs occurred in early 2009, when a fired contractor at the Federal National Mortgage Association--better known as Fannie Mae--was charged with planting a logic bomb that would have erased 4,000 servers on Jan. 31.