SocialErasmus Project Presentation –
What is Esn?
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student
associations in Europe, founded in 1989 for supporting and developing student
We are present in 361 Higher Education Institutions from 34 countries. The network is
constantly developing and expanding.
ESN is working in Higher Education (HE)
• offering services to 150.000 students
• mainly on a volunteer basis
• with an average annual growth rate of 12,3% since 1990
ESN is operating on three levels, Local, National and International
ESN works for the creation of a more mobile and flexible education environment by
supporting and developing the student exchange from different levels, and providing
an intercultural experience also to those students who cannot access a period abroad
("internationalisation at home")
In synthesis, ESN
works in the interest of international students
works to improve the social and practical integration of international students.
represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national and
provides relevant information about mobility programmes.
motivates students to study abroad.
works with the reintegration of homecoming students.
contributes to the improvement and accessibility of student mobility.
cares about its members.
values volunteering and active citizenship.
Founded in 2005
ESN Turkey consists of 26 sections in the land of wonders.
You can browse through each of the sections on the link below:
Erasmus Student Network Turkey Office
Istiklal Cad. Bekar Sok. No:14 Kat:2 Beyoğlu/ISTANBUL/TURKEY
ESN OFFICE OPENING HOURS: Everyday from 15.00 to 23.00 ( except Tuesdays and
+902122939179 | firstname.lastname@example.org | skype: esntrsecretary
• CNR (Council of National Representatives) – 2006
• Erasmus Günleri – 2008
• Seep (South Eastern European Platform) – 2007
• Cultural Medley - 2009
• National Events
• (National Platforms, Section Presidents Meetings, National Welcome&Goodbye Parties etc.)
• AGM ( Annual General Meeting) – 2010
• ESN Flash Freeze Mob 2010 Istanbul
• CNR – 2011
• ESN Survey
ESN Bilkent consists of 15 active volunteers from 12 different study fields.
We are responsible for those of you from far off lands who are attending Bilkent
University as full time or exchange students. Our job is to acclimate you to life here at
Bilkent, Ankara, and Turkey in general.
We work out of the Student Registrar's Office, which allows us to liaise with the
school administration, so that you don't have to.
ESN Bilkent is composed of Turkish students who know the lay of the land, have a good
command of English, able to formulate creative responses to developing situations,
and have an easy-going attitude. But we expect our members to be more than just
"tour-guides". They must have a good sense of responsibility, discipline, self-
confidence, an open mind, and the ability to freely communicate with students coming
from dozens of countries.
• International Student Orientations
• (cooperated with Bilkent OISEP )
• Domestic Cultural Trips
• (Kas/Fethiye, Cappadocia, Istanbul, Sanliurfa etc.)
• (Parties, Movie Night, Karaoke, Paintball, BBQ, Gokart, Bowling etc.)
• (Sweatshirt , T-Shirt, Weft, Mug, Lanyard, Sticker, Penholder)
• Advertising & Awareness
• (Bilkent News, ESN Newsletter, ESN Bilkent Bulletin, Local&National Press)
• Social Networking
• (Twitter, Facebook, Formspring, FriendFeed, LinkenIn)
• Internal Activities
• (Corporate Identity, Club Archive, Educational seminars for volunteers,
Performance-enhancing workshops, Cooperative studies with civil associations)
• SocialErasmus Project
• (Cooperative Praject with Governorships, Sponsors, Bilkent Provost Office and NGOs)
SocialErasmus – Fall 2010
• Ankara-Şanlıurfa-Ankara and Şanlıurfa intra-city transportation costs were covered by
additional budget provided by Bilkent University Office of Vice Rektor to ESN Bilkent.
• As a result of correspondences with T.R. Governorship of Şanlıurfa - Office of City Projects,
participants stayed at T.R. Harran University Dormitories
• Primary schools –to be made donations- found by the guidance of Bilkent University the Dean
of Students’s Office – Social Responsibility Center
• Marshall Boya ve Vernik A.Ş. has made paint donation to the schools towards their need of
• Books and stationery staff and the needs of preschool class were provided by cash donations
It was in 2008, the tenth anniversary of the Erasmus Program in Poland under the
motto of the New Era of Erasmus that the project was created.
As the project has appeared to be a big success in Poland, it was introduced to the
international level and voted during CNR Warsaw 2010 to become an international
Erasmus Student Network project.
SocialErasmus - Aims
To complete the stay abroad with the original values of the Erasmus Programme.
To get to know new cultures and education systems as well as to make new
unforgettable friendships, but also it should be a kind of inspiration for a future life.
While getting to know new cultures, to contribute to local society
Erasmus programme participants will get a new perspective, which would be beyond
their cognitive abilities, if they did not take part in the Erasmus program.
Taking into consideration the above factors, the main slogan of the project is:
Reach higher! Go further! Go Social!
The project gives international students the opportunity to volunteer to do charity
work in the local community as well as getting to know a new culture and system of
The project encompasses multicultural information meetings in schools, as well as
ecological and cultural events (Erasmus Forest) and charity events (International Santa
All the projects are run by international students.
The project acts in the name of idea of enriching society through international