Sales Hacker Series San Francisco - Quick close - Farlan Dowell
7 Steps to a Quick Close
VP Sales, Upsight
The Ole “About Us” Slide
• The leading SaaS analytics and marketing platform helping
companies UNDERSTAND, ENGAGE, and MONETIZE their users.
• Upsight, formerly known as Kontagent+PlayHaven now spans
22,000 apps, 700+ million MAU, 1.2 billion devices, and ingest 500+
billion in-app events.
• We work with top companies like Warner Bros., Turner, Electronic
Arts, Mattel, Glu Mobile, eHarmony, Tinder, and BigFish.
• I’ve closed several million in new business and the team has closed
millions more. I’ve seen deals that range from 36k to 500k ARR.
• Every deal had SEVEN proven RULES in common to make sure
they ‘actually’ close, quickly.
• Sample Scenario
Slow it Down to Speed it Up
Practical Tips to
Close Deals Faster
“We’re more likely to do something after we’ve agreed to it
verbally or in writing. People strive for consistency in their
commitments. They also prefer to follow pre-existing attitudes,
values and actions.”
- Robert Cialdini, Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion
Compliance – “Sign By”
“Time Kills all deals”
Close it as quickly as humanly
1. Get a champion
2. Know the Metrics
3. Tell them what ‘else’ they need
4. Take control of the process and the meeting
5. Ask the uncomfortable question
6. Compliance / Sign By
7. Close as quickly as possible !
7 Rules: A Recap
If you found this material touching,
and want to learn more…
We are hiring!
A Post Script