With your Power of Us Donation, you also gain access to a salesforce.com standard success plan.
In this Quick Start, we’ll review the features of the Standard Success Plan, including support, training and success resources. And then we’ll walk through the set up needed to get started.
First, I’d like to introduce you to the Help & Training Portal. You can find Help and Training by logging into your salesforce instance and clicking the Help & Training link in the upper right side.
In this central location, you can contact support, view training, and get fast answers to your questions through our knowledge base, documentation, and online community.
Let’s start with Support.
For our Power of Us Customers, you have 3 places to turn for help. For questions about purchasing new products or adding licenses, you should connect with your Account Executive. For critical support issues, you should contact technical support, and for general user questions, you should access the resources available via salesforce.com’s Help and Training portal or access the large and active user community.
Standard Success includes access to local business hours technical support with 2-business-day response time for loggedsupport cases. You also get unlimited access to the online documentation and community resources on the Help & Training portal including access to the “Getting Started” courses in the online course catalog. <<Animation 1>> If you require additional support with quicker support response times or access to the full online training library, you can purchase premiere support which is offered at a discount through the Foundation. If you are interested in premiere support, please call 1-800-NOSOFTWARE and ask to get connected with your account executive.
Support cases are assigned a severity level from 1 to 4 as described in this chart. As mentioned, Severity level 1 cases should be called into Standard Support, and will be prioritized and worked first. For all other issues, Severities 2-4, you’ll submit your case online in Help & TrainingIn the case, you’ll be asked to describe the organizational impact of your request, including percentage of users affected, “do you have a workaround?”, and “what business functionality are you unable to perform?” This will help us prioritize your case.Every effort is made to resolve high-priority issues as quickly as possible.If your request does not meet the Severity Level criteria as defined here, Support may re-classify it as appropriate.
Phone support is available during your local business hours. For example, in the United States, you can call from 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Pacific time. There is also some local language support available.For a complete list of Standard support locations and phone numbers, go to the Help & Training portal, click on Contact Support, then click the Call Us icon.
One of our most common user questions is “what if I can’t login to salesforce?”If you forgot your password, use the “Forgot Your Password?” link on the Log-in page
Enter your username and click Reset your PasswordIf you forgot your username, or have been locked out to due multiple incorrect login attempts, contact your internal system administrator. Please note that Standard Support will not provide support for password issues If you need more help logging in, check out this You Tube video, and pass it along to your users! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjXVmK4XF0&list=PLB39017CE69F42E50&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Now, Let’s take a look at Training
Accessing online training is as simple as going to the Help & Training portal. <<animation 1>> Click the Take Training button.
<<Animation 2>> Then click the Online Training button, which will take you to the catalog where you can filter based on job role and Salesforce product. Note that since you have access to the Standard Success Plan, you have access to the Standard course library. As part of the standard course library you have access to a series of Getting Started e-learning modules. Simply filter the course results by the phrase “getting started.”To get full access to the complete course catalog, including 100+ Premier courses (such as Configuring Salesforce with Custom Fields) contact your Account Executive to upgrade to aPremier Success Plan.
To start a course, click on the plus (+) sign next to the course name. The course details will appear, then click the course module name to launch the course. Use the View Your Courses tab to see in-progress courses and pick up where you left off. Use the Track Your Training tab to see completed courses and dates.
You can easily track your organization’s training history right from the Help & Training portal. <<Animation 1>> Remember, only Help & Training Portal Administrators have access to your company’s training history. Once designated, your Help & Training Administrators access the Training Analytics home page via the <<Animation 2>>Analytics Quick Link. This button should show up by default for Help & Training Administrators.
With Training Analytics, you have a simple, easy-to-use reporting interface.You can view data as a chart or grid andyou also have easy access to standard reports and charts. You can export the data, so you can manipulate it however you’d like.
In addition to the e-learning modules, you can also register to take instructor led Salesforce.com training either in person or virtually via the Help and Training portal. . . The Foundation makes instructor led training available to our nonprofit customers in the united stated and Canada at a 50% discount. Review the training page on our website at www.salesforcefoundation.org/training to learn more.
Now let’s review your Success Resources
As mentioned before, the Help & Training portal is your home base for support and training.<<Animation 1>> Here you will find the knowledge base, training, documentation, and ways to contact support. <<Animation 2>> Be sure to visit the knowledge base for hundreds of articles, and answers to common questions, including our Global Support phone numbers.
Many online resources are available to you. <<Animation 1>> Go to Success.salesforce.com, or click on the Customer Resources tab, to see the Answers community, where you can post questions and get answers from other Salesforce users and salesforce.com product teams.<<Animation 2>> Trust.salesforce.com has information on system status and planned maintenance windows.<<Animation 3>> Appexchange.salesforce.com has hundreds of applications that you can download for free or purchase to work with Salesforce.<<Animation 4>> Developer.force.com is the community for people building applications on the Force.com platform. You can share code, get tips and tricks, and interact with like-minded developers.
If you are using the Nonprofit Starter Pack – a set of managed packages that sit on top of the Enterprise Edition, then there are several resources available to you just for the Nonprofit Starter Pack.They include screensteps documentation and an active Google group managed by the developer of the nonprofit starter pack. You can find links to all the Nonprofit Starter Pack resources on the Foundation website at www.salesforcefoundation.org/nonprofitstarterpack
Salesforce has an active and growing user community and the community can be a great source of support. As a nonprofit, you can meet and share resources with like-minded nonprofit users at one of our nonprofit specific users groups. We have more than 30 groups meeting around the world. To find a nonprofit user group in your area, please go to our website at www.salesforcefoundation.org/help
The Salesforce Foundation also manages a higher education Chatter org for current and prospective Foundation customers. It is a place where institutions can share best practices, ask questions of the community, keep up to date on the latest announcements, and get advice on new solutions.No partners or consultants are allowed. This is your space for collaboration and community building.If you are interested in joining the higher ed chatter community org, please go to www.salesforcefoundation.org/hechatter and follow the instructions.
Finally, if you are interested in learning more about purchasing a Premiere Success Plan, please call 1-800-NOSOFTWARE and we will connect you with your Account Executive.
This video is intended to provide you a general overview of yoursalesforce product edition and the support and success resources that are now available to you as a Foundation customer. At the end of this video you will find also find links to the next steps in our getting started series.
1. Welcome to your Get Started Right. Stay on the Path. Get the Expertise You Need, When You Need It.
2. Standard Quick Start Contacting Support Accessing Online Training Help & Training Portal
3. Help & Training Portal is your home base
4. Help & Training Portal is your home base
6. your support team I need:• pricing information • technical support – a •and a quote feature isn’t working as you think it should• to purchaseadditional licenses or • critical support, I have •products an issue that is preventing my operationsAccount Executive Tech Support Self-Service and the1-800-NOSOFTWARE Log a ticket in Help & User Community Training salesforcefoundation.org/help
7. Features local business unlimited online hours resources2-day response time “Getting Started” online training 1-800-NOSOFTWARE Training, Knowledge, and Support for All
8. support case severity levels Level 1 Critical production issueaffecting all users, including systemCRITICAL unavailability and data integrity issues with no workaround available. Major functionality is impactedor significant performance Level 2 degradation is experienced. Issue is persistent and affects many users and/or major functionality. No reasonable workaroundURGENT available. Also includes time-sensitive requests such as requests for feature activation or a data export. Level 3 System performance issueor bug affecting some but not all HIGH users. Short-term workaround is available, but not scalable. Inquiry regarding a routine technical issueinformation Level 4 requested on application capabilities, navigation, installation or configuration; bug affecting a small number of users. ReasonableMEDIUM workaround available. Resolution required as soon as reasonably practicable.
9. ways to contact standard supportFor Severity 1critical issues For all other issues, Severity 2-ONLY, please call us to submit 4, please go to Help & Training tocase via phone. submit case online. Help & Training Portal
10. phone support availability Phone support hours forCRITICALissues ONLY.US/Canada: 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (PDT)Europe/Middle-East: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (GMT)Asia/Pacific: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Sydney time) For a complete list of toll-free phone numbers, go to Help & Training, click Contact Support, click Call Us icon.
18. what If I can’t log In to Salesforce? – – – Tip: System Admins, customize your Salesforce home page to include your contact details For security reasons, Standard support does not assist with password issues
19. what If I can’t log In to Salesforce? – – – Tip: System Admins, customize your Salesforce home page to include your contact details For security reasons, Standard support does not Need Help Logging In? assist with password issues
21. ways to use online training
22. to take online training:
23. to take online training:
24. to take online training:
25. Help & Training administrator Sees all cases and training analytics Sees all training consumed by all users Sees all cases created by all usersTo designate a Help & Training Admin:
26. tracking your organization’s training Remember: Training Analytics is only available to Help&Training Administrators.
27. Export: slice and diceusing training analytics how you view data View Data as a Chart or Grid Six Standard Reports Produce reports and charts to gain insightinto your organization- wide or user-specific training consumption. Three Standard Chart Types
28. training and certification Customers who were trained by salesforce.com have 52% higher user adoption rates
30. help and training portal Knowledge Base Hundreds of articles, constantly refreshed
31. anytime, anywhere resources salesforce.com success.salesforce.com Learning Center, Answers, IdeaExchange, Blogs, N ew Features, Events trust.salesforce.com System Status Planned Maintenance appexchange.salesforce.com Hundreds of free and paid apps developer.force.com Technical Library, Partners, Blog, Cookbook, Code Share, Boards