Here are the highlights of the Salesforce Summer '13 release for Salesforce Foundation customers. You can find full details about the new release at
Here are the highlights of the Salesforce Summer '13 release for Salesforce Foundation customers. You can find full details about the new release at http://www.salesforce.com/customer-resources/releases.
3. Salesforce Communities§ Allow external constituents to join you in the cloud§ Get engaged with your constituents, and get themconnected to one another§ Portal + social network– Chatter– Q&A– Knowledge§ Our Own Community (coming July 15th):The Power of Us Hub
4. Who is Your Community?A few examples:§ Grant makers– Grantee Community§ Advocacy– Issue / Discussion Community§ Higher Ed Institutions– Applicant Community– Student & Job Placement Community– Alumni Community
5. Communities – Chatter at the Core
6. Communities – Q&A
7. Communities – Create and Configure
8. Set Up Your Community§ Purchase Licenses for Community Users– Customer Community– Partner Community– Existing portal licenses are equivalent§ Configure and customize the Community– Which tabs will you show?– Who will you invite?– Customize with your own branding, Site.com, or Visualforce§ Invite everyone§ Be ready to engage with them
9. Power of Us Hub Demo
10. Chatter Improvements§ Chatter Topics– Helps everyone to categorize chatter posts– Provides a page for the discussion of each topic– Exposes which topics are “trending”§ Chatter Actions– Create new objects by posting in the feed§ Find in Feed– Search within a chatter feed
11. The Title of the topicpage is displayed in thetop left of the page.People talkingshows how manyunique Chatterusers have talkedabout this Topic inthe last 2 months.The Descriptionarea is provided thatcan be edited/updatedby any user(like a wiki page)
12. Publisher: Topic Pages will nowinclude a publisher to make it easy forusers to post their questions andshare content directly on the page.Add to Favorites: Clicking “Addto Favorites” places it on yourChatter tab in the “Favorites”area so that you can quicklyaccess the topic feed.Recent Files display awidget that displays thelast 3 files that wereposted on this Topic.Groups Talking display a widgetthat shows the top 3 groups thathave recently been talking aboutthis topic.
13. Chatter Actions§ Create objects directly in the Feed
14. Find in Feed§ Search to find a conversation, comment, or file
15. A Couple Questions?
16. Salesforce Touch Improvements§ Dashboards on iPad and iPhone§ Communities in Touch§ Improved contact and task management
18. Personal SettingsClick My Settingsto open the newpersonal settingsinterfaceThere is also a MySettings link onChatter Profiles
19. Enhanced Sharing for Reports and DashboardsFine-grained sharing for Report and Dashboard folders gives youdetailed control over what users can do with folders– Viewer access lets you see the data in a report or dashboard– Editor access lets you view and modify reports and dashboardswithin a folder, and move them to and from any other folders– Manage access gives you all this and more
20. Platform Improvements§ Checkboxes in formulas§ Cross-object formulas can see Owner (User) fields§ State and Country picklists (contact support for beta)§ Record types assignments via permission sets§ Management tools for full sandboxes
21. Checkbox Return Type in FormulasCheckbox return type isnow available whencreating formula fieldsFormula field can store aboolean valueFormula field appears as astandard checkbox in recorddetail pages, list views andreportsCUSTOMER IDEA: Checkbox formula field return type wassubmitted by a customer via the Idea Exchange.
22. Owner Fields in Cross-Object FormulasCUSTOMER IDEA: Owner fields in cross-object formulas wassubmitted by a customer via the Idea Exchange.Owner fields are available on Usersand also Queues and Calendars (onobjects that support them)This value is comingfrom the Case Owner’srecord!
23. State and Country Picklists§ Will provide consistency and ease of data entry§ You can override our standard state and country lists aswell as create your own§ There is a tool for updating existing state/country data§ Has not been tested with NPSP, but we will provideinstructions§ Public Beta – contact support to enable
24. Record Type Assignments Via Permission SetsAssign arecord typeAccessed throughthe Object node inpermission setsPermissionSets providegranularaccess
25. Improvements for Developers§ All-new Developer Console§ Custom settings now copied into developer sandboxes§ Look for enhancements to:– Chatter in Apex– Visualforce Remoting– Connected apps (aka Canvas apps)– Packaging API – install managed packages via code§ Apex tests must now be in a separate class
26. Developer ConsoleAll tabs have beenmoved to the bottomto create more spaceTab highlighting foreasier navigationButtons havebeen moved tothe menu bar