What is a QR Code
• A QR Code is a matrix code (or twodimensional bar code) created by
Japanese corporation Denso-Wave
( a subsidiary of Toyota) in 1994.
The "QR" is derived from "Quick
Response", as the creator intended
the code to allow its contents to be
decoded at high speed.
• A bar code that you can scan with a
smart phone application and it will
take you off to the internet to view
a web page, video, documents,
images, text, or whatever the site
Other QR Look-a-likes
• Other software companies have created
2D codes that work much like QR codes,
with Microsoft being the most notable.
Microsoft developed their own software
to create codes known as MS tags.
Unlike QR codes, which can be read by a
number of different readers, MS tags can
only be read by the Microsoft Tag
• Make sure the web site the QR
code is directing to is optimized for
viewing on a cell phone.
• If your site is not optimized for
smart phone use there are
programs like www.ClikBrix.com
that will make you a listing site for
as little at $25/month
How Do I Generate A QR Code?
• There are a number of sites for
generating QR codes and they’re all
free. An Internet search for QR
code generator will offer many