On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Social Media isPermission versus Interruption You Need It!
Social Media is Customer Driven• Conversation• Communication• Ratings• Reviews• Customer Support• Customer Driven Ideas, Programs and Products You Need It!
Social Media is Everywhere • 9 out of 10 Internet users visit a Social Media site monthly • 5 1/2 hours/month average are spent on Social Media sites • Nearly 1 out of every 8 minutes online is spent on FacebookNeilson You Need It!
Which Social Media Site Is Best For You? You Need It!
10 Ways To Make Social Media Work For You1) Create your Profiles2) Use the appropriate Profile name and picture3) Customize your Profile4) Don’t Over Post5) Create Events6) Create a Blog7) Display your Social Media badges on all of your internet and printed materials8) Watch your Privacy Settings9) Monitor Your Sites10) Have a Social Media Policy Guide You Need It!
1. Create Your ProfilesFill every field! Create your own! You Need It!
INCLUDE YOUR WEBSITEPHONE NUMBER AND ADDRESS Need I say more? You Need It!
2. Use an Appropriate Profile Picture LinkedIn “Professional” headshot Facebook, Twitter creative, playful Edit Photo so thumbnail looks right You Need It!
LinkedIn Profile PictureCreative Approachable Professional Also Professional Logo? Who are YOU? Family? Friend? Business Partner? Um, I’m confused You Need It!
Facebook Profile Picture Logo Product Staff Storefront Be Creative! You Need It!
Check the Thumbnail You Need It!
3. Customize your Profilewith pictures, background, tabs You Need It!
4. Don’t Over-Post!• Vary times of day• Vary the days• Have Staff post• Encourage dialogue• Ask questions• Scheduling Software – Sendible, SocialOomph• Link Facebook/Twitter/Linked In – Ping, Hootsuite, Yoonoo You Need It!
Always add photos, videos and links • Draws attention to your post in the feed • Adds credibility • Search Google for images You Need It!
5. Create Events • Create Events on Facebook and LinkedIn • Post on Eventful and Eventbrite • Monthly specials• Reminders (vaccinations, flu shots, annual checkups, floss) • Special events You Need It!
6. Create a Blog Short for “Web-log”Easy and effective way to share information and insights Showcase your expertise to a worldwide audience New posts every week or two You Need It!
7. Show Your Badges, Profile Names You Need It!
8. What about security and privacy? You Need It!
9. Reputation Monitoring• Google Alerts (http://www.google.com/alerts)• Google Blog Search (http://blogsearch.google.com)• Twitter Search (http://search.twitter.com/)• SiteVolume (http://www.sitevolume.com/)• SocialMention (http://www.socialmention.com/)• SocialCast (http://socialcast.com/)• Enterprise-class solutions: Omniture, Radian6, Techrigy You Need It!
10. Have a Social Media Policy Guide How much time is allowed on Social Media? Who handles complaints? Separate business and personal profiles Give credit where credit is due: cite sources Respect HIPPA Do not divulge proprietary information Recognize and comply with copyrights, patents, and trademarks You Need It!
11. Be Transparent RespectfulAuthentic Careful Approachable Responsive Creative Truthful Active Have Fun! You Need It!
Participate in the Conversation You Need It!
Social Media is Here to Stay You Need It!
You Need It!
Face it …Social Media Marketing Media Channel Analysis Profile Creation and Development Site Maintenance and Monitoring Mobile Marketing QR Codes Reputation Monitoring Training Ghost Writing Point of Purchase Displays Strategic Planning and Partnership Creative – Insightful Personal - Professional - Proactive
Face It! Social Media Marketing Sue Ann Kern 435-201-8610 SueAnn@FaceItSocialMedia.com www.FaceItSocialMedia.com www.linkedin.com/in/sueannkern facebook.com/sueann.kern SueAnnKern