E-CALL MEANS• Its not the electronic call but an emergency call It actually reduces the accident response time during lethal accidents It calls the emergency services either manually or automatically within minutes of accident
Need to reduce the accident response time•• Need to reduce the accident response time According to Indian statistics more than 1 lack die in road accidents every year Only 30% of death occurs with minutes of accident And remaining 70% of deaths occurs within 2 hours , due to late of emergency services so our primary concern is to reduce this accident response time
HARD WARES USED IN E-CALL•• HARD WARES USED IN E-CALL Tri-axial accelerometer: To determine the force of a crash Air bag sensors: Determine which air bags, if any, were deployed and at what force. GPS receiver: Determines direction of travel and the vehicles precise location CMOS camera: It captures image of the vehicle interior after a crash incident.
Cont……• Flash memory: Records the 200 ms duration of the crash pulse, including 50 ms of pre-crash data. On-board microprocessor: Compiles data to compute a portrayal of the incident. Onboard communications: for data transmission with low power consumption. Cellular phone: to call rescue services Power supply: to supply power in failure of main battery
PRINCIPLE•• PRINCIPLE When an accident occurs the e-Call device automatically calls the nearest PSAP(public service access point) in the form of MDS (minimum data set) This PSAP sends the data to the rescue service thus we can send the ambulance to the location to save the victim
E-CALL WORKS AS• It sends an MDS to the PSAP .this information includes Time of incident Exact location including direction of driving Vehicle identification eCall qualifier giving the severity of the incident (currently automatic/manual) Identification of service provider Verification possibility via voice link No false alarms (double check mechanism when triggered manually) Safe automatic call also when driver is unconscious Link to private service provider for additional optional services possible
Types of calling PSAP• Types of calling PSAP 1. Voice call as an Alarm Medium: For accident message via voice call is that it’s not necessary to have a SIM-Card installed for emergency call A web database with connection to a map server would enable the emergency centre clarify the identity of the owner as well as the cars position. But a system like that will be unsuitable for other services like theft tracking, breakdown serve, etc. 2. SMS as an Alarm Medium: For transmitting a SMS-Message it’s necessary to have SIM-Card installed. The advantage of SMS is that you need less GSM reception than for a voice call. It is rather ensured, that the alarm can be sent, in consideration of damaging of the vehicle caused by an accident. This way of transmitting enables the integration of external operation centers at this stage.
• The reliability of voice call is 97% while it is 98%for sms mode They are almost equal in reliability as per the studies so we can go for any one of these two
• Satellite image containing exact location and intensity of accident
Steps involved in detection of accident• Steps involved in detection of accident 1. Manual initialization 2. Automatic initialization : i. application tests a. Airbag detection b. Rear impact detection c. Side impact detection d. Frontal impact detection e. Rollover detection f. Temperature rise (fire) detection• ii. Environmental tests a. High ambient temperature b. Low ambient temperature c. Loss of external power source d. Impact resistance e. Vibration resistance f. Temperature and humidity cycling g. Mobile data services not available
ADVANTAGES OF E-CALL• ADVANTAGES OF E-CALL Reduction of average response time 50% in Rural Areas 40% in Urban Areas It is estimated that it could save up to 2500 lives a year in the EU It significantly reduce the severity of the injuries sustained in 15% of cases. Also the gps tracker in the vehicle helps to find the location of the car when it is stolen, thus it helps to find about missing vehicles also. The system will also ensure a corresponding reduction in the number of traffic jams attributable
CONCLUSION• There by we conclude that this e-call technology is highly efficient and is going to play a predominant role in future emergency service system The government must take the responsibility of implementing this technology The day is not far when each and every car or vehicle is equipped with the e-call devices and the passengers and drivers can be assured of a healthy drive and a pleasant ride
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.