Gurumukhi's, the Punjabi schools.
Limitations to middle schools.
Introduction of Urdu and English mediums.
Partition of Punjab.
Government did not promote Punjabi.
Enthusiasm for Urdu.
Reluctant to as an optional language.
Promote amongst the youngsters.
Teaching of Punjabi as second language.
Find out the reasons of ignorance.
Promote the rich literature work in Punjabi.
Preserve the Punjabi heritage.
Scope / Benefits
• Awareness amongst the youngsters.
• To overcome the culture shame.
• People pridely adopt and learn their mother
• To promote it throughout the province.
• Concept of culture shame.
• Punjabi as a medium of self expression.
• Making people realize importance of mother
• Keep our own culture alive.
• To demolish the concept of paindus.
Limitations / Weaknesses
Less secondary data.
Low response from participants.
To convince parents and students to learn it.
Less previous research work
Less government support
• Culture shame:- people ashamed of adopting their
values an traditions in their society.
• Vernacular:-Refers to the native language of a country or
• Gurumukhi:- Punjabi script used by Sikhs
There is a saying in Punjabi that” Maa boli nu
bhul javega, oh kakhan vangu rul jawega” . IF
you forget your mother language you will be