1. Learn from the world’s leadingLean, Agile and Design-led businesses@leancamphttp://leanca.mpTwitter Hashtag: #leancamp
2. Learn from the world’s leadingLean, Agile and Design-led businesses@leancamphttp://leanca.mpTwitter Hashtag: #leancamp
3. A bit about Sal Canadian Tech entrepreneur, now London-based. Started 5 businesses - tech startups, IT providers, ecommerce Created the Digital Marketing department of a major agency. Founded Leancamp.Salim Viranismile@saintsal.com@SaintSal
4. R&D CustomerDevelopment User Experience Design
5. Lean Startup 37 Signals Visual Business Model Thinking Generation
6. Bootstrapping SoftwareEntrepreneurship Lean Startup Agile Visual R&D Lean ThinkingInvestment Design Corporate Business Model User Strategy Generation Experience Marketing
7. Credits for this presentationThis presentation uses slides from friends of Leancamp: Justin Pirie - Mimecast Stuart Eccles - Made By Many Janice Fraser - LUXr Patrick Vlaskovitz - CustDev.com Nicky Smyth - Leancamp
8. Overview of LeansparkThis will move fast - but we’ll come back to these topics today.
9. Modern Lean
10. Lean Startup
11. Startup MythologyThe Entrepreneur as Inventor
12. Stealth Mode
13. Market Feedback!
14. Assumption: Problem is known
15. Assumption: Solution is known
16. “Everyone will love this!”
17. “Everyone will buy this!”
18. Result: Costs Are Front Loaded wwarby
19. Reality: Most Startups Fail! jeffc5000
20. Houston, We Have A Problem… nasa
21. Lack of Customers Matthew Burpee
23. Planned Learning“I wish I knew that sooner!”
24. Your Vision R eality
25. Design Thinking Lean Ways to learn for yourself Custom erDevelop men Agile t
26. Decades ago... .... Lean Manufacturing Learn from the world’s leading Lean, Agile and Design-led businesses
27. Flow. Learn from the world’s leading Lean, Agile and Design-led businesses
28. Thinking of the big picture. Holistic Measurement Learn from the world’s leading Lean, Agile and Design-led businesses
29. Built-in experimentation and learning. Learn from the world’s leading Lean, Agile and Design-led businesses
30. Plan DoAct Check Learn from the world’s leading Lean, Agile and Design-led businesses
31. Software in the 80s
33. Tech Startups in the 90s
34. I’m the Vice President of ...
35. The Doll House Fallacy
36. “Get out of the building!” - Steve Blank
37. Customer Development- how you challenge your assumptions.
38. EarlyvangelistsHave the problemKnow they have the problem!Have tried to solve it themselvesHave budget to solve it.
39. In a Great Market:The Market Pulls the Product Out toffehoff
40. Product / Market Fit
41. Customer Develeopment works with Agile Product Development!
44. Another bubble!Cust Dev has taken off in Silicon Valley.
45. Eric Ries - The Lean Startup
46. Minimise Waste
47. “Fail fast” =Learn fast.
48. We Know: Lean Makes Better Cars ckowalik
49. We Know:Businesses Fail Because of No Customers Matthew Burpee
50. MeasurementWhen you change a major aspect of your business model based on validated learning.
51. Ta Dah!The Lean Startup Loop
52. MVP - Minimum Viable Product What is the minimum thing I need to build to prove or disprove my hypothesis?
53. PivotWhen you change a major aspect of your business model based on validated learning.
54. Some Myths:
55. Lean Startup is Not Cheap… wwarby
56. Lean is Not About Failing jeffc5000
57. It is Iterating FAST Warren D
58. We get it.But the tools to do this aren’t very good.
59. Meanwhile in Europe...
60. Alex Osterwalder - Business Model Generation
62. Another bubble!Cust Dev has taken off in Silicon Valley.
63. Design ThinkingDesigners know how to learn from and understand users.
64. 37 SignalsDesign-led web business.“You’re overcomplicating!”
65. LUXrThe Lean User Experience Residency
66. Ian Collingwood - UXDNA Also a Seedcamp mentor!
67. Room 1 Cool Bits of Software MTP/ MVP “I c a n’t f i n d Add the bu y a n im at io n t o b u t t o n” i m p ro ve v is i bi li t y“ I li k e h o w it C o nf us e d p re dic t s b y se c t io nw h at I t y p e” labe l Moderator “Participant” (aka Customer) (you)
68. Nicky SmythCo-founder Leancamp
69. Radical v incremental innovationQualitative v. Quantitative Reserach
70. Lean Startup is customer-centric i.e.qualitative & quantitative metrics
71. Qualitative v. Quantitative Reserach
72. UX v. customer development
73. Leancamp Community Challenge Your Own Assumptions Learn from other disciplines Experiment Learn for yourself Share!
74. Learn from the world’s leadingLean, Agile and Design-led businesseshttp://leanca.mp#leancamp@leancamp