Tips for a good tack
1. Make the steps clear on shore
2. Define the problem at every step level
3. Focus in everything else than the
jump,hop… the kids tend to like this part
a lot and they don’t pay attention to the
4. Keep the weight all the time low and
close to the middle of the boat
• Roll the boat before head to wind-makes for a
long drawn out tack.
•Not holding the end of the tiller extension.
•Sitting too far back to tack because the kids push
their feet when tacking.
•Not making sure the rudder is straight as you roll
the boat flat.
•Not putting lots of energy to roll the boat.
•Easing the mainsheet into the tack.