Internet vs television in advertisingPresentation Transcript
TV advertising began to lose strength to face the ads that havebeen rampant on the Internet. Compared to TV, the Internet has its mainattraction for companies that want to attract customers from around theworld, cross-regional, cultural, gender and age. TV is only able to attract local consumers in addition to the cost ofadvertising is relatively expensive. Could be, within the not too distantfuture, the Internet will replace TV as well as TV advertising technologyreplace things that can be done by radio in the past.
By using internet advertising, the marketer or company will find outwho, where, when and how consumers are reading the advertisementspublished on the internet. Some of the information they have access to are : Who watches your Ads Where people see your ads When people see your ads How they see your ads How they got to your ads Where they click after they see your ads Get personal information about your customer (Name, Address, Email) Option to buy immediately
And for customer, the biggest benefit is the abilityto purchase right after seeing the ad, they can click it andbuy it directly. Compared to TV ads that we see, if wewant to buy, then we should be out of the house and goto the store to get it. The following will be explained in more detail onthe advantages and disadvantages of each media.
1. Range The world seemed limitless with a digital network oronline. Limitation of city, county, state to look artificial and almostimperceptibly. This is due to the digital network can be accessedfrom any internet connected.2. Relationship Hidden potential of digital or online advertising that isable to establish relationships with people anywhere and find outin a moment activities. It would be more beneficial for youradvertise quickly and easily delivered, the consumer visits.
3. Creative Opportunities Through the internet, advertise can be made moreinteresting, different, and especially the more bite so longremembered prospective customers. You can play around with text,images, to sound. Everything can and be more creative.4. Update Ads Unlike TV commercials, which must be periodically updated,our Internet ads could go for some time without change. If we needupdating, the amendment of the site or our ad is usually a verysimple matter that can be done quickly and easily.
1. Scope It is a "limited" market that can be conquered, ifyou only use the Internet for advertising display. Whilemore and more people every day are now into the use oftechnology and surfing the World Wide Web there arequite a few of the average consumers out there that arestill on the older forms of advertising as a means togather information on certain products and services
2. Additional Cost If someone will ask for professional services orany other company to produce the site for their productor service, this will require additional costs in thecompany3. Crackers If there are competitors who dislike the way weadvertise and then he will rent crackers and will changeourlayout of advertise (defacing) us to be bad and have abad image to the consumer.
1. Television as an advertising medium is quite effectivein reaching the final consumer.2. Message from the product can be communicated intotal. Include the audio, visual, and motion . So, theaudience can identify the user of the product and alsoimagine that their self using the product.
3. The ad appears unexpectedly (intrusion value)television advertisements using ones senses and attractattention the audience. Even when the audience doesnot want to watch commercials.4. The vendor will be easier to sell a product that hasbeen advertised on television. because consumers havebeen know the specifications of the product from the ad.
1. The cost is needed to advertise on television is very expensive compared the others medium.2. Advertisement is only shown in a flash. This becomes a problem for consumers who want to understand the message that delivered.3. Segmentation is not as sharp as newspapers and magazines. So the ads on television has the possibility to reach the market that are less precise.
For marketers to begin looking to networks fornew ways of thinking about the marketing theories andapproaches on Internet advertising holds for all theiradvertising practices, online and conventional. By internet ads, marketers will become moreaccountable for their results, and they will pay moreattention to building a total customer relationship.
Advertising in the internet is certainly intended that the products orservices known to many people. Advertise digitally is more effective andprofitable than via television or radio. The trend of young generation who prefer to use internet in theirdaily life, forcing the television media to think hard to provide television withInternet-based. It will can maintain the existence of the use of televisionadvertising. By following many advantage of internet ads, TV ads could belose its power in several time in the future, such as TV has replace thepower of radio advertising. But we should still be careful in selecting anonline advertising services because not a few who use this opportunity todeceive prospective customers by pretending to provide a place foradvertising.