2. • Founded in 1997.• Operations in London and Los Angeles.• Revolver Entertainment is a company that distributes films to the UK, but they also have Revolver Entertainment US who distribute to the US (shockingly).• They are the fastest growing distribution company in the UK.• They have international reach, “groundbreaking” directors and “world-class” films.• They’ve won many awards.• They consider themselves experts on youth entertainment (although one of their clips involves Danny Dyer, so I’m thinking their expertise isn’t as great as they think).• They had the first ever live action 3D release.
3. They work with loads of companies.They get their films shown on/available to buy/rent from:• iTunes• Sky Box Office• Sainsbury’s• Wal-Mart• Play.com (BOO PLAY.COM, BOO)• Asda• Blockbuster• Amazon.com• Vue Cinemas• LoveFilm.com• Cineworld• Tesco• Target (what even is Target?)• The font’s getting too small to read but there’s loads.
4. They have a production arm.• I’m guessing this means they produce films also, not that they have an actual arm that produces things.• This means that they are vertically integrated.• I think.• In their highly pretentious video on their about me page, they say they do: finance, development, pre- production, production and post production as well as distribution.• They also have 357 Records under their “umbrella”, so they get their music.
5. Awards they’ve won:• 2010 SIA - WINNER FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM 2010 SIA - WINNER UK PREMIERE OF THE YEAR 2010 BVA - WINNER MARKETING INITIATIVE 2008 BVA - WINNER MARKETING INITIATIVE 2008 BVA - WINNER CREATIVE INITIATIVE 2007 HEW - WINNER BEST OVERALL CAMPAIGN 2007 BVA - WINNER MARKETING INITIATIVE FOR FILM 2006 BVA - WINNER INDUSTRY INITIATIVE OF THE YEAR 2005 HEW - WINNER MARKETING INNOVATION 2005 BVA - WINNER MARKETING INITIATIVE 2004 HEW - WINNER BRAND DEVELOPMENT 2004 BVA - WINNER MARKETING INITIATIVE 2004 HEW - WINNER MARKETING INNOVATION
6. They’ve won most of their awards for ‘marketinginitiative’ and overall their creativeskills, showing that they are very creative intheir marketing techniques. For example:• To promote Kidulthood, they replaced the cast on the poster with members of the labour cabinet.• To promote The Zombie Diaries, they organised a zombie walk around Leicester Square.
7. Films they’ve made:• Encounters At The End Of The World• Exit Through The Gift Shop (which they’re really proud of for some reason)• Shank• Kidulthood• Anuvahood• The Limits Of Control• The Infidel• Heartbreaker