2. What is HTML?
• Hypertext Markup Language
• HTML elements form the building blocks of all
3. What is the problem?
• Browser inconsistency
• Reliance on plug-ins
4. What is HTML 5?
• Successor of HTML & XHTML
• Developed by WHATWG (Web Hypertext
Application Technology Working Group)
• Monitored by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
5. IS HTML5 THE FUTURE?
6. Semantics Video
HTML5 — Not a “thing”
A collection of new conventions and methods
7. New in HTML5 — Semantics
Content is more organized, search friendly, and indexable
8. New in HTML5 — <Video>
back on the latest mobile devices and even on older browsers
that require Flash.
9. New in HTML5 — <Audio>
HTML5 specifies a standard way to include audio, with the audio
The audio element can play sound files, or an audio stream.
10. New in HTML5 — <Canvas>
2D drawing platform within the browser without the need of a
plug-in such as Flash. Applications include web apps, data
visualization, animated graphics, and gaming.
11. New in HTML5 — Drag & Drop
(DnD) Drag and drop is one of the often used functionalities
throughout websites for various reasons.
HTML 5 allows this function to be implemented with ease.
12. New in HTML5 — Geolocation
Websites can benefit from knowing exactly where the user
accessing their site is from, enabling a more personalized local
13. New in HTML5 — Local Storage
Client-side key-value database, stored in the users browser
The users data is saved on their machine inside their browser, not
on the server
14. DESIGN IN HTML5
15. Design in HTML5 — Gradients, Transparencies,
Shadows, Rounded Corners, and Text Effects
16. Design in HTML 5 — Typography
More diverse, more brand friendly, more flexible for
SEO and indexing
17. Design in HTML5 — Gaming
18. Design in HTML5 — Rich Media Experience
19. Design in HTML5 — Rich Media Experience
20. Design in HTML5 — Responsive Design
21. HTML5 FOR MARKETERS
22. Better for SEO
• More specific tags to determine type of
• Multimedia indexing
• Better page segmentation
• More unique function with crawlability
23. Mobile Features
• Video integration
• Audio integration
• Better compatibility
• Higher exposure across multiple devices
24. Email Marketing
• Embedded video emails
• No need for plugin compatibility
• Cross browser support
• Content/Media will become more important to
SEO as HTML5 makes it easier to rank and index
• HTML 5 is important for marketing across
• HTML 5 imagines a web that is more visually
and interactively robust
• The time to adopt is now, in order to prepare
for what is to come