• Millenniata : Permanent data storage technology company
• HQ : Lehi, USA
• Founders : Barry Lunt, Matthew R. Linford, Douglas Hansen
• CEO : Scott Shumway
• The M-DISC is the first ever permanent file backup disc that
lasts for 1000 years.
• Millenniata’s M-Disc is made of a stone-like substance.
• Its inorganic, synthetic materials will preserve important
• M-DISCs are the perfect medium for storing business records,
data protection, permanent data backup, data security and
• Storage Capacity: 4.7GB
3 hours of video.
• Data will never suffer from decay or natural degradation.
• M-DISC is compatible with any DVD player.
• M-Discs can’t be burnt with our current DVD burner.
• The discs must be written by an M-compatible DVD drive, but
can be read by any existing DVD drive.
• Existing disc technologies write data using an organic dye
layer that begins to experience “data rot” immediately after it’s
written, causing the disc to become unreadable after a certain
amount of time.
• The M-Disc, on the other hand, actually carves your data into
“rock-like materials” that are known to last for centuries,
meaning there’s no data rot.
• The M-DISC undergoes a permanent physical change that
does not fade. Typical DVDs and CDs use dyes that break
down over time resulting in corrupt and lost data.
Data layer is composed entirely of inorganic materials and
compounds including metals and Metalloids.
The inorganic data layer materials undergo a physical change
during the write process.
Intense heat generated causes the innermost layers to melt and
to move away from the laser spot, creating a hole in the data
The organic dyes used in typical DVD-recordable discs would
merely decompose under the same thermal conditions.
M-DISC NORMAL DVD
Utilizes chemically stable and heat-
resistant materials .
Data cannot be overwritten. Data can be overwritten.
Recording process utilizes higher
Recording process utilizes lower
Disc is capable to prevent loss of data
in humidity & high temperature.
Normal CDs and DVDs face loss of
data in humidity & in high
It cannot be burn in normal writers. It can be burn in normal writers.
Price: $3 (Indian Rs.140) Price: Rs.15
M Ready Technology
Millenniata, in collaboration with LG, has produced a new optical
drive technology offering you the widest capabilities of any drive.
All the LG drives that we offer are capable of reading and writing
to the M-DISC.
LG loves the technology so much that all their new drives in
2012 will be able to burn M-DISCs.
• LG Internal DVD Rewriter
• Replaces standard desktop
• Internal SATA Interface
• 22x DVD R Read Speed
• Max. 22x DVD R Write
• M-DISC, DVD, CD
• Portable Blu-ray Disc Drive
• Portable Blu-ray Disc Drive
• Connects via USB 2.0
• 6x BD-R Read Speed
• Max. 6x DVD R Write Speed
• M-DISC, BD, DVD, CD
Features & Advantages
• Permanently stores digital information
• Backwards compatible – readable in current DVD drives
• Eliminates costly “data rotation”
• Archived at the point of origin
• Relaxed storage requirements
• Green technology – store it and forget it