3. Personal Life
Born on Dec 18th 1955
Educated at La Martiniere
He is married twice & has 1
Son & Two daughters.
He is the son of industrialist
He took over as chairman
of United Breweries in
leadership, UB has
become the market
Mallya has an estimated
net worth of $1.2 billion.
Flamboyant & Flashy Lifestyle
For the people
6. Dr.Vijay Mallya
“His business acquisitions have been the talk of the town”
7. (UNITED BREWERIES LTD.)
1857 - Mr. Thomas Leishman formed United Breweries Ltd.
1947 - Mr. Vittal Mallya became the first Chairman of Indian Origin.
1974 - International beer exports began to Aden and Middle East.
1983 - Dr. Vijay Mallya became the Chairman of the UB group.
8. Beverage Alcohol
Fashion Clothing 13
9. •The UB Group, is the market leader in both Spirits & Beer business in
•The Group has a turnover of Rs. 5900 Crores. (approx.)
•Publishes World’s 2nd Costliest Swimsuit Calendar.
•Won more than 6 International Awards for its Kingfisher Beer Brand
50% market share nationally.
Sold in over 52 countries and also on International flights.
Every third beer sold in India is Kingfisher.
India’s 1st global consumer brand – Kingfisher.
54% market share in the domestic market.
3rd largest player in the world.
Source : wikipedia
Some of the famous brands of the UB Group
• Bagpiper Whisky
• McDowell's No.1 Whisky
• Director's Special Whisky
• McDowell's No.1 Brandy
• McDowell's Celebration Rum.
• IN 2005 , SHAW – WALLACE WAS TAKEN OVER BY THE UB GROUP
• ON 16TH MAY , 2007 UB group ACQUIRES 100% OF WHYTE &
MACKERY FOR 595 MILLION POUNDS
• IN 2005 ,TOOK OVER MILLENNIUM BREWERIES LTD
(formerly known as Inertia Industries Ltd), which owned the two premium
beer brands named Sandpiper and Zingaro
16. Mr. High Spirits
17. Liquor Tycoon Vijay Mallaya gave the slogan of
“Drink and enjoy life”.
19. Fly The Good Times
20. Kingfisher Airlines
•Kingfisher Airlines started its operations on May 9, 2005
with a fleet of 4 Airbus A320 aircrafts.
•Kingfisher Airlines started operating with a brand new
fleet of 8 Airbus A320 aircraft, 3 Airbus A319-100 aircraft
and 4 ATR-72 aircraft.
•UB holdings Ltd obtained a 26% stake in Air Deccan, a
low cost Indian airline which Mallya later acquired fully
and integrated into his Kingfisher fleet, rebranding it as
21. Kingfisher Airlines
• Based in Bangalore
• Operates 218 flights a day
• The airline currently operates on domestic routes
& International routes.
Main bases are :
• Bengaluru International Airport,
• Chhatrapati Shivaji International
• Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
22. Kingfisher Airlines
Offers several unique services to its
• Personal valet at the airport to assist in baggage
handling and boarding,
• Refreshments and music at the airport.
• Three-course gourmet cuisine.
• Audio and video on-demand accompanied with extra-
wide personalized screens in the aircraft.
• Personal and exclusive lounges with private space.
23. Current Scenario
Kingfisher Airlines -> 20.8%
Jet Airways -> 19 %
Indian + Air India -> 18.3%
Indigo -> 15.4 %
Spice Jet -> 12.9%
Others -> 13.6%
Source : bangaloreaviation.com 28
25. UB CITY
• Location - Bangalore, India
• Constructed - 2004-2008
• Floor area - 950,000 sq ft
Four towers namely :-
• The three towers are all named after
• UB Tower(19 Floors),
• Comet(11 Floors), Canberra(17 Floors)
• Concorde(19 Floors)
27. MANGLORE CHEMICALS & FERTILIZERS
• Located in Karnataka
• one of the most efficient and profitable
naphtha based urea producers in the country.
• In 1990, the Government of Karnataka had
selected the UB group to take over Mangalore
28. U B GLOBAL
• International Business Division of
the UB Group, in exports of
• Beverage Alcohol
• Processed Foods (fruits)
• Leather Footwear
• Export of leather shoes from 1997
and have been vendors of choice for
leading international brands such as
• Esprit, Florsheim
• GEOX, Hush Puppies
• Lloyds and Sioux
• The UB Group also has a shareholding in Asian Age
Holdings Ltd, the company that owns and manages
daily newspaper. The Asian Age.
NEW INDIA DIGEST
31. Association with Sports
 Mallya's flagship firm
UB Group owns the
Bangalore team in
the Indian Premier
League. He won this
team in an auction
US$111.6 million for
 Kingfisher East Bengal
Football Club is an
Indian football club
based in Kolkata. The
club was originally
known as the East
 In 1998, the name of the
club was changed from
the East Bengal Club to
the Kingfisher East
Bengal Football Club as
United Breweries obtained
a 50% stake in the club
and renamed it to promote
their Kingfisher beer.
35. Formula 1
 Mallya with sports(formula 1)
In 2007, Mallya and the Mol
family from The Netherlands
bought the Spyker F1 team for
88 million euros. The team
changed its name to Force
India F1 from the 2008 Season.
 Mallya also represents India in
the FIA World Motor Sport
Council, where he has a seat
from 2009 to 2013.
36. Horse Racing
37. The Glamorous man of Indian
38. Political Career
He enteqed politics
in 2000 and supeqseded
Subqamaniam Swamy as
the pqesident of Janata
Paqty, a bqeakaway
faction of the oqiginal
Janata Dal paqty.
39. Mcf Awards & Recognition
MCF qeceived the
Honest Tax paying
businessmen awaqd fqom
40. Dqink and Enjoy ife
Has a peqsonal Yacht
42 homes scatteqed
acqoss the woqld 45
41. Won the auction foq the
Sultan swoqd/ Mahatma Gandhis
Followeq of aqt of living
Chaqity/ Opened a school
42. Welcome To The Rare & Exotic Automobiles
46. LEARNINGS FROM THIS GREAT LEADER
47. Source of Information