1. Honeymoon &Anniversary Niche British Columbia Prepared By: Kanokkarn Chuenyen Sachin Pandey Wei Jing Ganna Gratynska http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VICTORIA-BC-COLLAGE.jpg
2. 7 SectorsAccommodation： Resorts & Hotels : Sonora resort Canada, Moraine Lake Lodge, Fairmont Chateau WhistlerAdventure Tourism and Recreation： Ocean River Adventure, canoeing, zip trekking, horseback riding, hiking, rafting, horseback riding, deep sea divingAttractions: The whale watching, snowmobiling, bird watching
3. Food and Beverage: Restaurants, Lounges, Wine Rooms, Fresh BakeryTourism Services: Trip to the ranch or rugged desert canyons and rainforestTransportation: Return helicopter, limousine transfer, sea plane flight, Pick-up services.Travel Trade: Sight-seeing Vancouver Agency
4. In Canada, British Columbia is one of the most favorite destinations for honeymooners. Here we have:Pacific Ocean of Vancouver Island, Rocky Mountains, golf sites, fish pristine lake, wildlife and many more places.Plans To DiscoverThe Size of Honeymoon NicheChallengesWays to overcome these challenges
5. USPsVibrant Cities & personal Journey by land, water and air:Victoria City: First Nations totem poles, heritage architectureWhistler: Skiing, snowboarding, Whistler Mountaineer train, bear viewing, water rafting and horseriding.Active Adventure among Awe-inspring Natural WondersBC Rockies: white water rafting, ranches, golf courses, hiking and fishing.
6. The Typical Travelers & Niche SizeDomestic traveller: 47%14.5 million visitors in BC(2007), half of them are BC residents.Only 5.2% got married out of 1000 people20.000 newly couples/ year International travellers: 34%4.5 million international visitors came to BC (2008).Decreased 8% from 2007Honeymoon niche in BC is small
7. ChallengesNo niche awarenessNo statistics of Honeymoon niche in tourism in BC Honeymoon niche unawareness is only in BCNo organization structureThere is no central system or association in BC for honeymoon purpose.Lacking of domestic marketOnly 2400 Canadians are married in BC (Census profile)
8.  The first five best destination created by community are: Bora Bora, Maui, Maldives, Hawaii, Fiji and Vancouver is on the #30th place (“Favorite honeymoon destinations”).Lack of promotion Only a couple of websites, magazines for honeymoon (Honeymoon.com) BC Government in the Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills training does not promote honeymoon in BC ("Tourism BC Information - Official Site").
9. Enrich the niche awarenessLaunch of a campaign ‘Lovers Destination –British Columbia’Joint venture campaigns with leading airlines (Ex. Fly Emirates)Collaborations with leading travel agents and agencies (Ex. Thomas Cook)Advertise in famous magazinesHosting an elite trade shows. (Ex. Lakme India Fashion Week)
10. Create the organization structureForming a committee or organization (BC Honeymoon Association)Creating an official website (www.honeymoonbccan.com)Linking the website and the committee with BC Tourism http://www.hellobc.com/ and CTCToll free helpline number (1800-XXX-XXXX) only for assistance. Attract domestic marketCut prices for locals (Discount on packages & marriage planning)Adding more value in the packages (Add eco-adventures, Exotic food, health and wellness packages)
11. Change The Pricing Strategy Honeymooners who book through our website get discount Offering additional services & activities (Photographing couple moments, Skiing & charging for the same) To Improve The Promotion Bridal Show: (from 2013 over across British Columbia) Website, Local Magazines & NewspaperUploading the videos of customers experiences
12. References http://www.jtst.gov.bc.ca/research/IndustryPerformance/pdfs/tourism_indic ators/Value_of_Tourism_in_British_Columbia.pdf Tourism bc information british columbia tourism bc - official site. Retrieved from website: http://www.hellobc.com/british-columbia/about-bc/tourism- bc-information.aspx Favorite honeymoon destinations list of romantic vacation spots. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-best- honeymoon-destinations?page=1 Census profile - designated place, retrieved from website: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2011/dp- pd/prof/details/page.cfm?Lang=E&Geo1=DPL&Code1=590071&Geo2=PR&Cod e2=59&Data=Count&SearchText=Honeymoon%20Bay/Mesachie%20Lake&Sea rchType=Begins&SearchPR=01&B1=All&Custom=&TABID=1