financial analysis of spicejet airlines from 2008-09 to 2012-13
Course Faculty: Group Members:
CA Baldwa MA’AM Sachin Nandawat
• Spice jet is a low-cost airline based in New Delhi.
• SpiceJet is an Indian low-cost airline owned by the Sun Group of India.
• It began service in 23 May 2005.
• Spice Jet was earlier known as Royal Airways.
• The director of this airlines is Mr. Ajay Singh.
• This airline has more than 2500 employees working with them currently.
• By 2012, it was India's third largest airline in terms of market share, ahead of Air
India , Kingfisher Airlines, and GoAir.
Near Steel Gate Bus Stop, Terminal-I,
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi-110037
Allahabad Bank , Citibank , HDFC Bank Ltd. , HSBC ,
ICICI Bank Ltd.
319, Udhyog Vihar
Phase-IV, Gurgaon, Haryana
• Total revenues increased by 26% to Rs.18, 135 million in Fiscal year 2009 from Rs.14,385
million in Fiscal year 2008.
• Total expenses for Fiscal 2009 increased by 37.11% to Rs.21,506 million from Rs.15,685
million in Fiscal 2008.
ANNUAL REPORTS & THEIR ANAYSIS
• SpiceJet's total revenues increased by 24% to Rs.22,421 million in FY 2009-10 from Rs.18,135 million in
• Total operating expenses for FY 2009-10 decreased by 1% to Rs.16,939 million from Rs.17,034 million in
• SpiceJet's total revenues increased by 32% to Rs. 29,606 million in FY 2010-11 from Rs. 22,421million in
• Total operating expenses for FY 2010-11 increased by 31% to Rs.22,535 million from Rs.16,939 million in
• SpiceJet’s total revenues increased by 35.6% to Rs. 40,191 million in FY 2011-12 from Rs. 29,639 million in
• Total operating expenses for FY 2011-12 increased by 64% to Rs37,079 million from Rs.22,547 million in FY
SpiceJet’s total revenues increased by 44.44% to Rs. 58,051 million in FY 2012-13 from Rs. 40,191 million in
Total operating expenses for FY 2012-13 increased by 30% to Rs.48,105 million from Rs.37,079 million in FY