1. Visual Thinkers Toronto Show and Tell• VisualThink.org, @VisualToronto, #VisualTO• 7:05 Introductions• 7:15 Group overview• 7:20 Presentation: Sacha• 7:40 Presentation: Alex• 8:00 Open space• 9:00 Pub (Sin and Redemption)
3. What I’m curious about:• How do you organize your work?• How do you share your work?• How do you practise continuous improvement?
4. I organize my work with Dropbox.• sketchnotes: PNGs• sketchnotes-hires: PSDs• drawing-templates: make your own dot grids, layers, and so on• Shared folders for conferences / client workI usually work at 3000x2250 pixelsyyyymmdd event - talk title - speaker.png
5. I share my work withDropbox, Evernote, Twitter, Wordpress, Flickr, Slideshare, and more.
6. I learn more by doing a lot of sketches…Meetup.com, Eventbrite, …BooksWebinarsBlog postsPlanning
7. … by clipping and analyzing otherpeople’s sketchesSketchnoteArmy + Twitter + Google Search ->Evernote / OneNote
8. … by clipping and analyzing otherpeople’s sketches
9. … by comparing different people’stakes on the same talkProject: SketchnoteIndex.com
13. … by reviewing the changes in mysketching style…
14. … by experimenting with tools andprocesses• Lenovo X220 tablet PC• Autodesk Sketchbook Pro: Layers, saved brushes• ArtRage Studio Pro• ClipMate (good for text and images)• Evernote + If This Then That (IFTTT)• Wordpress, NextGen Gallery• Tweetdeck, Tweet4me• Send To shortcuts
15. … by experimenting with delegation tovirtual assistants• Fill in album details• Convert sketchnotes to text• Transcribe talks so that I can put together a PDF or work off the text• Schedule meetings (particularly for sales)• Follow up on conversations• Provide feedback on whether something makes sense
16. What I’m curious about:• How do you organize your work?• How do you share your work?• How do you practise continuous improvement?Sacha Chua (@sachac)LivingAnAwesomeLife.com – personal blogSketchnoteIndex.com – new!Experivis.com - company