Name: Sabri Elhaj Elmubark Elamin
Sex : Male
Date/Place of Birth: 2-9-1974 Khartoum, Sudan
Marital Status: Married.
Languages Arabic / English.
University of Khartoum
Department of Library & Information Sciences.
P. O Box 6583 (11113) Eltakmel. Khartoum. Sudan
Home Tel : + 249 0155161766
Moblile: + 249 0122179001 , 0912452718
Email : Sabri2T@yahoo.co.uk , Sabri2T@hotmail.com
Current Position :
Head Department of Library & Information Sciences
Faculty of Arts - University of Khartoum
Khartoum – Sudan
1- PHD Degree in Information Sciences and Library Studies .
Nov. 2007. Khartoum University. Khartoum - Sudan.
2- Master Degree in Information Sciences and Library Studies . –
Khartoum University, May 2003. Khartoum - Sudan.
3- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Information and Library Sciences - Khartoum University,
1999.Khartoum - Sudan.
English Language Proficiency:
· English was the language of instruction at all university and graduate levels (B.A. &
· Working in English-Speaking environment since the year 1997.
1. Windows, and Microsoft Office.
2. Computer-Based Library Systems; Integrated Library Systems.
3. Online Databases Search ( Real Time, CD-Rom, & Web-Based).
4. Internet regular user mainly for library & information services.
5. Using email systems for library work &information services.
Page 1 of 4
June. 2010 up-to-date
September 2004 up- to- date
I am participating in teaching and co-ordinating some training courses in Library and
Information Sciences (LIS). I am teaching the following courses for both B.A. and
Masters Students. I have practiced teaching with different academic institutions in Sudan.
I am teaching major LIS courses which include: Information literacy ,Dewey Decimal
Classification; Reference Services; Study Skills; Research Methodology; IT Applications
in Library sciences; Indexing & Abstracting ;Electronic Archiving ;Information &
Community ; Information Systems ;Bibliography & Bibliomertics Studies; and
Management in LIS Institutions.
Library Work Experience:
Head, information, Library & Archives Section
Yarmouk Industry Complex . Khartoum - Sudan
Head, Main Library Section
Main Library. Khartoum College of Medical Sciences – Khartoum . Sudan
* Diploma in Automated Information Systems . University of Juba . Sudan .December
1997 – 1998.
* Administration of Electronic Library. Telecommunication Company. Centre of
Training Sudatel – Khartoum –Sudan September 2000
* Library & Information Services. Main Library - University of Khartoum. February
* CDS/ISIS Program: The Arab Center for Agricultural Documentation and Information
(ACADI) of the Arab Organization for Agricultural Development Nov 2000.
* Training Seminar on ISBN. National Library – Sudan June . 2004.
* Educational Preparation. Staff Development Centre. University of Khartoum.
Khartoum – Sudan. December 2005.
* Training workshop on designing distance learning program. Faculty of
Development & technical Studies. University of Khartoum July 2006 .
Page 2 of 4
June. 2010 up-to-date
Academic Membership :
(1) Chairman of the Department of Information Science and libraries. University of
Khartoum - Faculty of Arts, 2005 - until now
(2) Board Member - Faculty of Arts - University of Khartoum 2005 to date.
(3) Junior Scientific Research Council - Faculty of Arts - University of Khartoum 2005
(4) Member of the Senate Council. University of Khartoum 2005 to date .
(5) Member of the University's main library Council .
(6) Member of the Faculty of Technical Studies and Development council .
(7) Member of distance education programs Council . Faculty of Arts - University of
1. Arab Federal for Libraries and Information, (AFLI) Since 2001 to date .
2. Sudanese Association for Libraries and Information (SALI) Since 1997 to date .
The Best academic Performance. Department of Library & Information Sciences.
Faculty of Arts - University of Khartoum. 1997
1. Research Skills: I consider my self as a trained researcher, this through classes and
practice. Undergraduate and post graduates studies have included a considerable weight
for research methodology and applications. I have involved into different research projects
at the different stages of my educational and career life in Sudan.
2. Teaching Skills:
I taught different courses on Library and Information Sciences (LIS) for B.A. and
Diploma Students, at the Faculty of Development & Technical Studies, Department of
Library and Information Sciences, University of Khartoum .
Research and Studies:
(1) The Linguistic dimension in Information Sciences: An applied study to use
indexing languages in the work of search engines
A Research Submitted for the fulfilment of A PhD. Degree in Library &Information
Sciences (LIS) 2007
(2) Bibliometrics Studies in Medical dissertation. Faculty of Medicine. Unpublished
thesis submitted for the fulfillment of a M.A. Degree in Information and Library Sciences
(LIS), Graduate College, University of Khartoum - Sudan. 2003.
(3) Electronic Journals: A new challenge for the Sudanese Libraries
Page 3 of 4
June. 2010 up-to-date
ADAB- journal of the faculty of Arts –University of Khartoum
No. (26) Dec. 2008 p.1-17.
(4) Blogs in the Informational Space: Anew Horizon for the process of writing.
Human Studies Magazine .University of Dongla-Faculty of Arts & Human Studies. No.(2)
Jan.2009 p. 104
(5) Information and its role in development.
Published in the journal library (the Court) folder No. 44 (1) 2009 Library Association of
(6) Technology of Barcode: definition and applications in libraries.
Published in the journal research and studies, training and information The Home Office -
Office of the Chief Police Sudan (the Court) (No. 4) in July 2009
(7) The uses of technologies in libraries and information centers: Sample use of the
computer and CDs in libraries and information centers.
Court of scientific papers presented within the workshop, organized by the Technical
Education - Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research - Khartoum - Sudan
(8) Libraries of the Islamic civilization and its contribution to building knowledge .
Published in the journal platform. Scientific journal issued by Sudan Ulama Organization .
Number (11), December 2009.
(9) The reality of information services available to people with special visual needs of
the Sudanese government in universities: an analytical study.
Published in the Proceedings of the Conference of the Assembly of 16 specialized
libraries / AGC 2010 Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates.
(10)An ancient bibliographic Works in Islamic civilization : A historical study .
Published in the journal platform. Scientific journal issued by Sudan Ulama
Organization . Number (12) , March 2010 .
(11)Sudanese Strategies for Building E-management : Analytical Studies .
Present to : The first International conference on electronic Management .
Tripoli – Jamahiriya 1-4/6/2010
(1) Social Networks and Its Implications for Libraries
(2) Informatics policy: the importance and goals .
Page 4 of 4
June. 2010 up-to-date