2. We have designed a 4g/200ml sachet of ORS for the home treatment of diarrhoea andthis is now being manufactured in Zambia. We believe this is an ‘Africa first’.
3. Kit Yamoyo assembly in Zambia using British made equipment.
4. British designed, and manufactured, Kit Yamoyo packaging in store at Pharmanova.This packaging is a triple finalist in the UK Packaging Awards (14/11/12):best innovation, best new concept and best CSR initiative.
5. Packing of kits into cartons at Pharmanova for delivery to Medical Stores Limited.
6. We are paying the para-statal, Medical Stores Limited, who are seeking to become‘more private sector’, to deliver Kit Yamoyos to Coca-Cola wholesalers in Katete &Kalomo districts.
7. Kit Yamoyo cartons in stock at a Coca-Cola wholesaler. Wholesalers purchase the kitsfrom the project and make a 20% profit on sales to retailers.
8. Retailers buy Kit Yamoyos from the general wholesaler (who is also the Coca-Colawholesaler) when they visit the district town for other supplies.
9. Kit Yamoyos for sale on the shelves in remote rural retail shops. Retailers make aprofit of 35% on the sale of Kit Yamoyos but care-givers get a product the majority canafford.
10. Care-givers get access to a life-saving product close to home.
11. ColaLife uses mobile phones to: provide an authentication system for the Kit Yamoyos;to deliver a Special Offer (50% off your next purchase); to allow promoters to activatevouchers before distribution and for voucher redemption by retailers.
12. The Kit Yamoyo is an innovative product. The packaging is a measure for making theORS, it is a mixing device, a storage device and a cup. The ORS sachets make up anamount of ORS that is appropriate for the home treatment of diarrhoea.
13. The other components ofthis briefing are:• An endorsement of the project by the Hon Minister of Health Dr Joseph Kasonde (35 sec video) >> http://youtu.be/-QFY2EkZR_E• A demonstration of the Kit Yamoyo product by Simon Berry (6 min video) >> http://youtu.be/C9w1IN2Gq0cContact details:email@example.com +260 9755 72175
14. Image creditsSlide 1 and 8 – Elias LunguSlide 10 and 11 – Claire WardKit Yamoyo pictures on slides 4 and 12 – Simon Berry with graphic design by Guy GodfreeAll others – Simon Berry