3. IntroductionUnder the leadership of its new executivemanagement team established in April of thisyear, Sony has reformed its organizationalstructure in order to bolster profitability andtransform its operations, with the aim ofaccelerating innovation and growth andoptimizing business processes, particularlywithin its electronics and networked servicebusinesses.
4. History● In 1946, Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo wasestablished by Masaru Ibuka and AkioMorita.● In 1958, Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo changed thecompany name to Sony.● In 1970, Sony become the first Japanesecompany to listing the New York StockExchange.
5. Problem● By late 2008, Sony was in deep trouble thatthey have the excessive loss.● Sony undergo the adverse implications offrequent restructuring.● Sony was affected by competition in globalconsumer electronics industry.
6. Strategy● Sony has reformed the structure oforganization.○ It is intended to accelerate innovation and optimizebusiness processes.● Sony target on consistend profitability in corehardware business.○ TV, games and digital imaging.● Sony develop the environmentally consciousproduct.
7. Result● Sony launched a succession of competitiveproducts by 2010.● Sony achieved the group-wide costreductions for the current fiscal year endlingMarch 31, 2010 by no later than the half ofthe current fiscal year.
8. Future● Sony strengthen profitability of gamebusiness.● Sony provide new uer experiencesintegrating futuristic hardware, software andservices.● Sony develop to new customers and newgeographic markets.
9. Summary● Sony focus on environmentally consciousproducts and processes.● Sony expand 3D related product business in2011.● Sony tarrgets on an annual 5% operatingincome margin and a 10% return on equityby the end of 2013.
10. References● Wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony● Sony Gets Real, Defines Business StrategyFor 2010 And beyondhttp://www.sonyinsider.com/2009/11/19/sony-get● Sony Corporation Restructuring ContinuesProblems Rmainhttp://www.icmrindia.org/casestudies/catalogue/Business%20Strategy/BSTR361.htm