1. How the Indian Oceantsunami warning system works
2. How does the Indian Ocean obtain thetsunami early warning?Tsunami Warning Centre(PTWC) of the Pacific Ocean haswarned the country of the Pacific area of the danger of tsunamifor 40 years or more.Do you continue to the Indian Ocean tsunami in 2004 that killsabout 230,000 people and United Nation?S IntergovernmentalOceanographic Commission began to adjust the effort to makethe Indian Ocean tsunami early-warning system.
3. A lot of countries were in the Indian Ocean at all 2004 yearsago the surface of the sea watch device, and made neitherputting the government agency to receive the message from awarning center international the tsunami warning or the whereto make contact nor responsible.To detect a potential tsunamiafter five years, and to tell the community warning, the largenetwork of a warning center of the center of the seismograph orthe nation or a government agency, a coast, and a deep oceanstation is in place in the other side of the Indian Ocean.
4. How does the system work here?When the earthquake happens suddenly in the region in theIndian Ocean, data from various sources is sent to TsunamiWarning Centre(PTWC) of the Pacific Ocean where the base isplaced in Hawaii in Tokyo and Japanese the MeteorologicalAgency (JMA).
5. In PTWC and JMA, is it tsunamis now?Is there a responsibility to the offer ofthe one known as a wristwatch to theIndian Ocean?It is ready for the succession of a lot of so-called RegionalTsunami Watch Providers(RTWPs) in the Indian Ocean countryof this function by 2011. It goes well becoming of DisasterPreparedness Centre(ADPC) of Australia in Bangkok, India,Indonesia, Malaysia, and Asia a local wristwatch provider. Thecountry can invest the share data of a technological will withstate that is smaller than it is not possible to do so.
6. The main is responsible in two centers in Hawaii and Japantoday. They receive earthquake information and data from thetide gauge, Assessment, and Reporting of Deep-ocean ofTsunamis (dart) sensor or the buoy. Moreover, they receive thenewscast, telegraph, and information on the telephone.Moreover, the committee for Nuclear Test Ban TreatyOrganization(CTBTO) contributes data from the seismologicalobservatory in addition.
7. The work of these two centers must find the place, decide thesize of the earthquake, and decide whether there is a possibilityto generate the tsunami in them, and forecast the arrival time ofthe tsunami wave anywhere if it is a possible point.It is a director of PTWC according to Charles McCreery towhom it takes about 15?20 minute for the earthquake data andthe tsunami wristwatch that should be deciphered to beprovided.
8. The earthquake directly above its epicenter will not bring thecause tsunami to the entire underwater earthquake but thetsunami. This depends naturally with the position of theearthquake.Next, it is a responsibility of the government agency of eachnation that two centers provides the wristwatch for a nationalbody in the Indian Ocean, and warns of the population ifnecessary, and any means :. The government agency of thesenations is a government agency of meteorology or disasterManagement Division. mightThere is a focus where thetsunami report is received according to UNESCO in 26 of 28Indian Ocean countries today.