1. Large scale Earthquakes of Chile ~Article#1~ s1180048 Marina Ohtsuka
2. IntroductionContents ● About Chile earthquake ● Influence of this earthquake ● Aftershock ● About the Chile coast earthquake ● Conclusion
3. About Chile earthquake● this earthquake happened in 1990● the magnitude was 8.8● it has hit Central Chile● it killed at least 214 people● there are influences such as the tsunami in Hawaii, Tahiti and New Zealand
4. Influence of this earthquake● happend the tsunami● many people died in OHiggins, Biobio, Araucania and Valparaiso● destroying the building, the bridge and roads● electricity, water service, and the phone wire were cut
5. Aftershock● at least eight in seismic intensityIn Santiago, ● it killed at least 13 people ● destroyed several building ● a fire happened by chemical plant
6. About the Chile coast earthquake● the earthquake happens easily off the coast of Chile● in 1960, the maximum earthquake happened in Chile in the 20th century● Japan also has influenced it by the tsunami generated by the Chile earthquake
7. Conclusion● The earthquake of magnitude 8.8 hit Chile.● Chile is an earthquake prone country.● Big damage occurs because of the tsunami and the aftershock.● Especially, the tsunami influences Japan.● I think that more excellent earthquake measures are necessary for Chile.