2. Index● Introduction● Background● How the work warning● How to inform the imfomation of an earthquake
3. IntroductionIn 2004, many people were killed by the tsunami in IndianOcean. This presentation show an overview of steps that have takensince to establish, or how to work about the early tsuamiwarningsystem.
4. BackgroundAfter the tsunami in Indian Ocean, United Nations IntergovernmentalOceanographic Commission began to move in order to create earlywarning system in Indian Ocean.When saying oppositely, It was not thought about to create the thissystem until 2004.A large network of various agencies concerned about earthquake isestablished in five years.
5. How the work warning systemWhen an earthquake happens in Indian Ocean, various data istransmitted to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre (PTWC) based inHawaii and the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) in Tokyo.These agencies analyze their data, and the analyzed information istransmitted to center of India and small countries around the IndianOcean.
6. How to inform the imfomation of anearthquakeWarning of the population is informed in various ways. For example,radio, TV, SMS and e-mail. Their ways are used theairwaves. Because the situation that their ways can not be used isthought, in the hand, bells with a loudspeaker attached to the mosqueand the megaphone. Local agencies will coordinate the evacuation. Ithope that To communicate information to help people each other.
7. ConclusionPeople must have the knowledge and understanding for the Tsunami.In fact, you need to know what should I do when the tsunami came inorder to avoid panic. For example, to check the escape route, toexercise evacuation and so on. I think that not only the gverment, alsothe people must have measures to be taken together national tsunami.