●There are many good references regarding how to
give an effective talk that is, a technical, whether at
a conference, presentation, whether at a
conference to, your research group, or as an
invited speaker at another university or research
●The goal of a talk is similar to clarity and
●When you give a talk, ask yourself, “What are the
key points that my audience should take away form
● Do not try to do too much in a talk.
● Use descriptive slide titles. Do not use the same
title on multiple slides.
● The last slide should be a contributions or
concludes slide, reminding the audience of the
take-home message of the talk.
● Start your talk with motivation and examples and
have lots of motivations and examples
The Slides 2
● Don't put too much text on a slide.
● Keep fonts large and easy to read from the back
of the room.
● Make effective use of figures and color.
● When giving a presentation, you never point at
your laptop screen and you cannot see the
● You make eye contact with the audience.
● Being animated is good, but you don't go your
● If you get flustered, you mustn't panic.
● The typical dress code is “ Business style.”
● When you asked questions from the audience,
answering questions are very hard.
● Just as you practice a talk, practice answering
● When an audience ask a question, it is a good
idea to repeat the question.
● You say to answer question with “no” or “I don't
know.” You will get the trouble if you try blather
on and to make up an answer on the fly.
● You should practice your presentation talk
before starting your presentation in front of the
● It is important for you speak loud voice and the
important points clearly say.
● If you speak in a large group, mane people
won't bother to speak up.
● You see the feedback the audience of member
to own opinion and observations.
● Slides are easy to write.
● If you are talking your presentation, your voice
volume is loudly and presentations of contents
are clearly speaking.
● If your presentation has important things, you
use color, table, and graph.
● Before stating presentation, you should practice
talk your presentation.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.