●There are many good references regarding how to
give an effective talk that is, a technical, whether at
a conference, presentation, whether at a
conference to, your research group, or as an
invited speaker at another university or research
2. The Content
●The goal of a talk is similar to clarity and
●When you give a talk, ask yourself, “What are the
key points that my audience should take away form
● Do not try to do too much in a talk.
3. The Slides
● Use descriptive slide titles. Do not use the same
title on multiple slides.
● The last slide should be a contributions or
concludes slide, reminding the audience of the
take-home message of the talk.
● Start your talk with motivation and examples and
have lots of motivations and examples
4. The Slides 2
● Don't put too much text on a slide.
● Keep fonts large and easy to read from the back
of the room.
● Make effective use of figures and color.
5. The Presentation
● When giving a presentation, you never point at
your laptop screen and you cannot see the
● You make eye contact with the audience.
● Being animated is good, but you don't go your
● If you get flustered, you mustn't panic.
● The typical dress code is “ Business style.”
6. Answering Questions
● When you asked questions from the audience,
answering questions are very hard.
● Just as you practice a talk, practice answering
● When an audience ask a question, it is a good
idea to repeat the question.
● You say to answer question with “no” or “I don't
know.” You will get the trouble if you try blather
on and to make up an answer on the fly.
7. Practice talks
● You should practice your presentation talk
before starting your presentation in front of the
● It is important for you speak loud voice and the
important points clearly say.
● If you speak in a large group, mane people
won't bother to speak up.
● You see the feedback the audience of member
to own opinion and observations.
● Slides are easy to write.
● If you are talking your presentation, your voice
volume is loudly and presentations of contents
are clearly speaking.
● If your presentation has important things, you
use color, table, and graph.
● Before stating presentation, you should practice
talk your presentation.