2. Four initiatives Sony’s roadmap covers LCD TV business A big trend in 2011 Network-connected products and services Expand of mobile business. SONY’s focus on environment
3. Target consistent profitability in core hardware businesses (TV, game and digital imaging) . Provide new user experiences integrating innovative hardware, software and services. Reach out to new customers and develop new geographic markets. Increase Sony’s focus on environmentally conscious products and processes.
4. Innovating new networked product and services and exciting additions to its #D consummer offering,.
5. Target returning the LCD TV business to profitability in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2011 and achieving a 20% worldwide market share on a unit basis in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013. Create a new revenue model beyond conventional TV business models.
6. Sony’s product offerings will feature an extensive line-up of network-enabled devices capable of integrating across various platforms, devices, and applications. User will be able to play game online and download content through the network. Sony is set to introduce an extensive line-up of devices with groundbreaking features and approachable pricing in its digital imaging business.
7. Expand Sony’s networked service business by utilizing the rapidly growing PlayStation®Network services. By integrating attractive hardware, including new mobile products and other consumer electronics, with networked services Expand Sony’s lineup of network-connected products.
8. Strengthen collaboration with Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications. Accelerate rollout of e-book business.
9. Target 30% reduction of power consumption per product by the end of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, compared to the level of the fiscal year ended March 31, 2009. Target zero environmental footprint throughout the lifecycle of Sony’s products and business activities as long-term goal.