Community health nursing examination part i answer key
COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING EXAMINATION PART IAnswer KeyCOMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING EXAMINATION PART IBy : Budekhttp://pinoybsn.blogspot.comOutline :I. EpidemiologyII. Vital StatisticsIII. FHSISIV. COPARV. Health EducationSITUATION : Epidemiology and Vital statistics is a very important tool that a nurse could use in controlling the spread ofdisease in the community and at the same time, surveying the impact of the disease on the population and prevent it’sfuture occurrence.1. It is concerned with the study of factors that influence the occurrence and distribution of diseases, defects, disability ordeath which occurs in groups or aggregation of individuals.A. EpidemiologyB. DemographicsC. Vital StatisticsD. Health Statistics2. Which of the following is the backbone in disease prevention?A. EpidemiologyB. DemographicsC. Vital StatisticsD. Health Statistics3. Which of the following type of research could show how community expectations can result in the actual provision ofservices?A. Basic ResearchB. Operational ResearchC. Action ResearchD. Applied Research4. An outbreak of measles has been reported in Community A. As a nurse, which of the following is your first action for anEpidemiological investigation?
A. Classify if the outbreak of measles is epidemic or just sporadicB. Report the incidence into the RHUC. Determine the first day when the outbreak occurredD. Identify if it is the disease which it is reported to be5. After the epidemiological investigation produced final conclusions, which of the following is your initial step in youroperational procedure during disease outbreak?A. Coordinate personnel from Municipal to the National levelB. Collect pertinent laboratory specimen to confirm disease causationC. Immunize nearby communities with MeaslesD. Educate the community in future prevention of similar outbreaks6. The main concern of a public health nurse is the prevention of disease, prolonging of life and promoting physical healthand efficiency through which of the following?A. Use of epidemiological tools and vital health statisticsB. Determine the spread and occurrence of the diseaseC. Political empowerment and Socio Economic AssistanceD. Organized Community Efforts7. In order to control a disease effectively, which of the following must first be known?1. The conditions surrounding its occurrence2. Factors that do not favor its development3. The condition that do not surround its occurrence4. Factors that favors its developmentA. 1 and 3B. 1 and 4C. 2 and 3D. 2 and 48. All of the following are uses of epidemiology except:A. To study the history of health population and the rise and fall of diseaseB. To diagnose the health of the community and the condition of the peopleC. To provide summary data on health service deliveryD. To identify groups needing special attention9. Before reporting the fact of presence of an epidemic, which of the following is of most importance to determine?A. Are the facts complete?B. Is the disease real?
C. Is the disease tangible?D. Is it epidemic or endemic?10. An unknown epidemic has just been reported in Barangay Dekbudekbu. People said that affected person demonstrateshemorrhagic type of fever. You are designated now to plan for epidemiological investigation. Arrange the sequence ofevents in accordance with the correct outline plan for epidemiological investigation.1. Report the presence of dengue2. Summarize data and conclude the final picture of epidemic3. Relate the occurrence to the population group, facilities, food supply and carriers4. Determine if the disease is factual or real5. Determine any unusual prevalence of the disease and its nature; is it epidemic, sporadic, endemic or pandemic?6. Determine onset and the geographical limitation of the disease.A. 4,1,3,5,2,6B. 4,1,5,6,3,2C. 5,4,6,2,1,3D. 5,4,6,1,2,3E. 1,2,3,4,5,611. In the occurrence of SARS and other pandemics, which of the following is the most vital role of a nurse inepidemiology?A. Health promotionB. Disease preventionC. SurveillanceD. Casefinding12. Measles outbreak has been reported in Barangay Bahay Toro, After conducting an epidemiological investigation youhave confirmed that the outbreak is factual. You are tasked to lead a team of medical workers for operational procedure indisease outbreak. Arrange the correct sequence of events that you must do to effectively contain the disease1. Create a final report and recommendation2. Perform nasopharyngeal swabbing to infected individuals3. Perform mass measles immunization to vulnerable groups4. Perform an environmental sanitation survey on the immediate environment5. Organize your team and Coordinate the personnels6. Educate the community on disease transmissionA. 1,2,3,4,5,6B. 6,5,4,3,2,1C. 5,6,4,2,3,1D. 5,2,3,4,6,113. All of the following are function of Nurse Budek in epidemiology except
A. Laboratory DiagnosisB. Surveillance of disease occurrenceC. Follow up cases and contactsD. Refer cases to hospitals if necessaryE. Isolate cases of communicable disease14. All of the following are performed in team organization exceptA. Orientation and demonstration of methodology to be employedB. Area assignments of team membersC. Check team’s equipments and paraphernaliaD. Active case finding and Surveillance15. Which of the following is the final output of data reporting in epidemiological operational procedure?A. RecommendationB. EvaluationC. Final ReportD. Preliminary report16. The office in charge with registering vital facts in the Philippines is none other than theA. PCSOB PAGCORC. DOHD. NSO17. The following are possible sources of Data except:A. ExperienceB. CensusC. SurveysD. Research18. This refers to systematic study of vital events such as births, illnesses, marriages, divorces and deathsA. EpidemiologyB. DemographicsC. Vital StatisticsD. Health Statistics19. In case of clerical errors in your birth certificate, Where should you go to have it corrected?A. NSO
B. Court of AppealsC. Municipal Trial CourtD. Local Civil Registrar20. Acasia just gave birth to Lestat, A healthy baby boy. Who are going to report the birth of Baby Lestat?A. NurseB. MidwifeC. OB GyneD. Birth Attendant21. In reporting the birth of Baby Lestat, where will he be registered?A. At the Local Civil RegistrarB. In the National Statistics OfficeC. In the City Health DepartmentD. In the Field Health Services and Information System Main Office22. Deejay, The birth attendant noticed that Lestat has low set of ears, Micrognathia, Microcephaly and a typical cat likecry. What should Deejay do?A. Bring Lestat immediately to the nearest hospitalB. Ask his assistant to call the nearby pediatricianC. Bring Lestat to the nearest pediatric clinicD. Call a Taxi and together with Acasia, Bring Lestat to the nearest hospital23. Deejay would suspect which disorder?A. Trisomy 21B. Turners SyndromeC. Cri Du ChatD. Klinefelters Syndrome24. Deejay could expect which of the following congenital anomaly that would accompany this disorder?A. AVSDB. PDAC. TOFD. TOGV26. Which presidential decree orders reporting of births within 30 days after its occurrence?A. 651B. 541C. 996
D. 82525. These rates are referred to the total living population, It must be presumed that the total population was exposed tothe risk of occurrence of the event.A. RateB. RatioC. Crude/General RatesD. Specific Rate26. These are used to describe the relationship between two numerical quantities or measures of events without takingparticular considerations to the time or place.A. RateB. RatiosC. Crude/General RateD. Specific Rate27. This is the most sensitive index in determining the general health condition of a community since it reflects thechanges in the environment and medical conditions of a communityA. Crude death rateB. Infant mortality rateC. Maternal mortality rateD. Fetal death rate28. According to the WHO, which of the following is the most frequent cause of death in children underfive worldwide inthe 2003 WHO Survey?A. NeonatalB. PneumoniaC. DiarrheaD. HIV/AIDS29. In the Philippines, what is the most common cause of death of infants according to the latest survey?A. PneumoniaB. DiarrheaC. Other perinatal conditionD. Respiratory condition of fetus and newborn30. The major cause of mortality from 1999 up to 2002 in the Philippines areA. Diseases of the heartB. Diseases of the vascular system
C. PneumoniasD. Tuberculosis31. Alicia, a 9 year old child asked you “ What is the common cause of death in my age group here in the Philippines? “The nurse is correct if he will answerA. Pneumonia is the top leading cause of death in children age 5 to 9B. Malignant neoplasm if common in your age groupC. Probability wise, You might die due to accidentsD. Diseases of the respiratory system is the most common cause of death in children32. In children 1 to 4 years old, which is the most common cause of death?A. DiarrheaB. AccidentsC. PneumoniaD. Diseases of the heart33. Working in the community as a PHN for almost 10 years, Aida knew the fluctuation in vital statistics. She knew that themost common cause of morbidity among the Filipinos isA. Diseases of the heartB. DiarrheaC. PneumoniaD. Vascular system diseases34. Nurse Aida also knew that most maternal deaths are caused byA. HemorrhageB. Other Complications related to pregnancy occurring in the course of labor, delivery and puerperiumC. Hypertension complicating pregnancy, childbirth and puerperiumD. AbortionSITUATION : Barangay PinoyBSN has the following data in year 20061. July 1 population : 254,3162. Livebirths : 2,2893. Deaths from maternal cause : 154. Death from CVD : 3,0295. Deaths under 1 year of age : 236. Fetal deaths : 87. Deaths under 28 days : 88. Death due to rabies : 459. Registered cases of rabies : 4510. People with pneumonia : 79
11. People exposed with pneumonia : 2,59312. Total number of deaths from all causes : 10,998The following questions refer to these data35. What is the crude birth rate of Barangay PinoyBSN?A. 90/100,000B. 9/100C. 90/1000D. 9/100036. What is the cause specific death rate from cardiovascular diseases?A. 27/100B. 1191/100,000C. 27/100,000D. 1.1/100037. What is the Maternal Mortality rate of this barangay?A. 6.55/1000B. 5.89/1000C. 1.36/1000D. 3.67/100038. What is the fetal death rate?A. 3.49/1000B. 10.04/1000C. 3.14/1000D. 3.14/100,00039. What is the attack rate of pneumonia?A. 3.04/1000B. 7.18/1000C. 32.82/100D. 3.04/10040. Determine the Case fatality ratio of rabies in this BarangayA. 1/100B. 100%C. 1%
D. 100/100041. The following are all functions of the nurse in vital statistics, which of the following is not?A. Consolidate DataB. Collects DataC. Analyze DataD. Tabulate Data42. The following are Notifiable diseases that needs to have a tally sheet in data reporting, Which one is not?A. HypertensionB. BronchiolitisC. Chemical PoisoningD. Accidents43. Which of the following requires reporting within 24 hours?A. Neonatal tetanusB. MeaslesC. HypertensionD. Tetanus44. Which Act declared that all communicable disease be reported to the nearest health station?A. 1082B. 1891C. 3573D. 667545. In the RHU Team, Which professional is directly responsible in caring a sick person who is homebound?A. MidwifeB. NurseC. BHWD. Physician46. During epidemics, which of the following epidemiological function will you have to perform first?A. Teaching the community on disease preventionB. Assessment on suspected casesC. Monitor the condition of people affectedD. Determining the source and nature of the epidemic47. Which of the following is a POINT SOURCE epidemic?
A. Dengue H.FB. MalariaC. Contaminated Water SourceD. Tuberculosis48. All but one is a characteristic of a point source epidemic, which one is not?A. The spread of the disease is caused by a common vehicleB. The disease is usually caused by contaminated foodC. There is a gradual increase of casesD. Epidemic is usually sudden49. The only Microorganism monitored in cases of contaminated water isA. Vibrio CholeraB. Escherichia ColiC. Entamoeba HistolyticaD. Coliform Test50. Dengue increase in number during June, July and August. This pattern is calledA. EpidemicB. EndemicC. CyclicalD. SecularSITUATION : Field health services and information system provides summary data on health service delivery and selectedprogram from the barangay level up to the national level. As a nurse, you should know the process on how theseinformation became processed and consolidated.51. All of the following are objectives of FHSIS ExceptA. To complete the clinical picture of chronic disease and describe their natural historyB. To provide standardized, facility level data base which can be accessed for more in depth studiesC. To minimize recording and reporting burden allowing more time for patient care and promotive activitiesD. To ensure that data reported are useful and accurate and are disseminated in a timely and easy to use fashion52. What is the fundamental block or foundation of the field health service information system?A. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record
53. What is the primary advantage of having a target client list?A. Nurses need not to go back to FTR to monitor treatment and services to beneficiaries thus saving time andeffortB. Help monitor service rendered to clients in generalC. Facilitate monitoring and supervision of servicesD. Facilitates easier reporting54. Which of the following is used to monitor particular groups that are qualified as eligible to a certain program of theDOH?A. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record55. In using the tally sheet, what is the recommended frequency in tallying activities and services?A. DailyB. WeeklyC. MonthlyD. Quarterly56. When is the counting of the tally sheet done?A. At the end of the dayB. At the end of the weekC. At the end of the monthD. At the end of the year57. Target client list will be transmitted to the next facility in the form ofA. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record58. All but one of the following are eligible target client listA. Leprosy casesB. TB casesC. Prenatal careD. Diarrhea cases59. This is the only mechanism through which data are routinely transmitted from once facility to another
A. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record60. FHSIS/Q-3 Or the report for environmental health activities is prepared how frequently?A. DailyB. WeeklyC. QuarterlyD. Yearly61. Nurse Budek is preparing the reporting form for weekly notifiable diseases. He knew that he will code the report formasA. FHSIS/E-1B. FHSIS/E-2C. FHSIS/E-3D. FHSIS/M-162. In preparing the maternal death report, which of the following correctly codes this occurrence?A. FHSIS/E-1B. FHSIS/E-2C. FHSIS/E-3D. FHSIS/M-163. Where should Nurse Budek bring the reporting forms if he is in the BHU Facility?A. Rural health officeB. FHSIS Main officeC. Provincial health officeD. Regional health office64. After bringing the reporting forms in the right facility for processing, Nurse Budek knew that the output reports aresolely produced by what office?A. Rural health officeB. FHSIS Main officeC. Provincial health officeD. Regional health office65. Mang Raul entered the health center complaining of fatigue and frequent syncope. You assessed Mang Raul and foundout that he is severely malnourished and anemic. What record should you get first to document these findings?
A. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record66. The information about Mang Raul’s address, full name, age, symptoms and diagnosis is recorded inA. Family treatment recordB. Target Client listC. Reporting formsD. Output record67. Another entry is to be made for Mang Raul because he is in the target client’s list, In what TCL should Mang Raul’sentry be documented?A. TCL Eligible PopulationB. TCL Family PlanningC. TCL NutritionD. TCL Pre Natal68. The nurse uses the FHSIS Record system incorrectly when she found out thatA. She go to the individual or FTR for entry confirmation in the Tally/Report SummaryB. She refer to other sources for completing monthly and quarterly reportsC. She records diarrhea in the Tally sheet/Report form with a code FHSIS/M-1D. She records a Child who have frequent diarrhea in TCL : Under Five69. The BHS Is the lowest level of reporting unit in FHSIS. A BHS can be considered a reporting unit if all of the followingare met exceptA. It renders service to 3 barangaysB. There is a midwife the regularly renders service to the areaC. The BHS Have no mother BHSD. It should be a satellite BHS70. Data submitted to the PHO is processed using what type of technology?A. InternetB. MicrocomputerC. SupercomputerD. Server Interlink ConnectionsSITUATION : Community organizing is a process by which people, health services and agencies of the community arebrought together to act and solve their own problems.
71. Mang ambo approaches you for counseling. You are an effective counselor if youA. Give good advice to Mang AmboB. Identify Mang Ambo’s problemsC. Convince Mang Ambo to follow your adviceD. Help Mang Ambo identify his problems72. As a newly appointed PHN instructed to organize Barangay Baritan, Which of the following is your initial step inorganizing the community for initial action?A. Study the Barangay Health statistics and recordsB. Make a courtesy call to the Barangay CaptainC. Meet with the Barangay Captain to make plansD. Make a courtesy call to the Municipal Mayor73. Preparatory phase is the first phase in organizing the community. Which of the following is the initial step in thepreparatory phase?A. Area selectionB. Community profilingC. Entry in the communityD. Integration with the people74. the most important factor in determining the proper area for community organizing is that this area shouldA. Be already adopted by another organizationB. Be able to finance the projectsC. Have problems and needs assistanceD. Have people with expertise to be developed as leaders75. Which of the following dwelling place should the Nurse choose when integrating with the people?A. A simple house in the border of Barangay Baritan and San PabloB. A simple house with fencing and gate located in the center of Barangay BaritanC. A modest dwelling place where people will not hesitate to enterD. A modest dwelling place where people will not hesitate to enter located in the center of the community76. In choosing a leader in the community during the Organizational phase, Which among these people will you choose?A. Miguel Zobel, 50 years old, Rich and FamousB. Rustom, 27 years old, ActorC. Mang Ambo, 70, Willing to work for the desired changeD. Ricky, 30 years old, Influential and Willing to work for the desired change
77. Which type of leadership style should the leaders of the community practice?A. AutocraticB. DemocraticC. Laissez FaireD. Consultative78. Setting up Committee on Education and Training is in what phase of COPAR?A. PreparatoryB. OrganizationalC. Education and TrainingD. Intersectoral CollaborationE. Phase out79. Community diagnosis is done to come up with a profile of local health situation that will serve as basis of healthprograms and services. This is done in what phase of COPAR?A. PreparatoryB. OrganizationalC. Education and TrainingD. Intersectoral CollaborationE. Phase out80. The people named the community health workers based on the collective decision in accordance with the set criteria.Before they can be trained by the Nurse, The Nurse must firstA. Make a lesson planB. Set learning goals and objectiveC. Assess their learning needsD. Review materials needed for training81. Nurse Budek wrote a letter to PCSO asking them for assistance in their feeding programs for the community’s nutritionand health projects. PCSO then approved the request and gave Budek 50,000 Pesos and a truckload of rice, fruits andvegetables. Which phase of COPAR did Budek utilized?A. PreparatoryB. OrganizationalC. Education and TrainingD. Intersectoral CollaborationE. Phase out82. Ideally, How many years should the Nurse stay in the community before he can phase out and be assured of a SelfReliant community?
A. 5 yearsB. 10 yearsC. 1 yearD. 6 months83. Major discussion in community organization are made byA. The nurseB. The leaders of each committeeC. The entire groupD. Collaborating Agencies84. The nurse should know that Organizational plan best succeeds when1. People sees its values2. People think its antagonistic professionally3. It is incompatible with their personal beliefs4. It is compatible with their personal beliefsA. 1 and 3B. 2 and 4C. 1 and 2D. 1 and 485. Nurse Budek made a proposal that people should turn their backyard into small farming lots to plant vegetables andfruits. He specified that the objective is to save money in buying vegetables and fruits that tend to have a fluctuating andcyclical price. Which step in Community organizing process did he utilized?A. Fact findingB. Determination of needsC. Program formationD. Education and Interpretation86. One of the critical steps in COPAR is becoming one with the people and understanding their culture and lifestyle. Whichcritical step in COPAR will the Nurse try to immerse himself in the community?A. IntegrationB. Social MobilizationC. Ground WorkD. Mobilization87. The Actual exercise of people power occurs during when?A. IntegrationB. Social Mobilization
C. Ground WorkD. Mobilization88. Which steps in COPAR trains indigenous and informal leaders?A. Ground WorkB. MobilizationC. Core Group formationD. Integration89. As a PHN, One of your role is to organize the community. Nurse Budek knows that the purposes of communityorganizing are1. Move the community to act on their own problems2. Make people aware of their own problems3. Enable the nurse to solve the community problems4. Offer people means of solving their own problemsA. 1,2,3B. 1,2,3,4C. 1,2D. 1,2,490. This is considered the first act of integrating with the people. This gives an in depth participation in community healthproblems and needs.A. Residing in the area of assignmentB. Listing down the name of person to contact for courtesy callC. Gathering initial information about the communityD. Preparing Agenda for the first meetingSITUATION : Health education is the process whereby knowledge, attitude and practice of people are changed to improveindividual, family and community health.91. Which of the following is the correct sequence in health education?1. Information2. Communication3. EducationA. 1,2,3B. 3,2,1C. 1,3,2D. 3,1,2
92. The health status of the people is greatly affected and determined by which of the following?A. Behavioral factorsB. Socioeconomic factorsC. Political factorsD. Psychological factors93. Nurse Budek is conducting a health teaching to Agnesia, 50 year old breast cancer survivor needing rehabilitativemeasures. He knows that health education is effective whenA. Agnesia recites the procedure and instructions perfectlyB. Agnesia’s behavior and outlook in life was changed positivelyC. Agnesia gave feedback to Budek saying that she understood the instructionD. Agnesia requested a written instruction from Budek94. Which of the following is true about health education?A. It helps people attain their health through the nurse’s sole effortsB. It should not be flexibleC. It is a fast and mushroom like processD. It is a slow and continuous process95. Which of the following factors least influence the learning readiness of an adult learner?A. The individuals stage of developmentB. Ability to concentrate on information to be learnedC. The individual’s psychosocial adaptation to his illnessD. The internal impulses that drive the person to take action96. Which of the following is the most important condition for diabetic patients to learn how to control their diet?A. Use of pamphlets and other materials during instructionsB. Motivation to be symptom freeC. Ability of the patient to understand teaching instructionD. Language used by the nurse97. An important skill that a primigravida has to acquire is the ability to bathe her newborn baby and clean her breast ifshe decides to breastfeed her baby, Which of the following learning domain will you classify the above goals?A. PsychomotorB. CognitiveC. AffectiveD. Attitudinal98. When you prepare your teaching plan for a group of hypertensive patients, you first formulate your learning objectives.
Which of the following steps in the nursing process corresponds to the writing of the learning objectives?A. PlanningB. ImplementingC. EvaluationC. Assessment99. Rose, 50 years old and newly diagnosed diabetic patient must learn how to inject insulin. Which of the followingphysical attribute is not in anyway related to her ability to administer insulin?A. StrengthB. CoordinationC. DexterityD. Muscle Built100. Appearance and disposition of clients are best observed initially during which of the following situation?A. Taking V/SB. InterviewC. Implementation of the initial careD. Actual Physical examination95-100 are taken from actual board questions, However the answer key given in the compilation are incorrect. Comments,Question, Suggestion or Reactions? YM or MAIL me @ email@example.com