2. A BLOG (A CONTRACTION OF THE TERM &quot; WEB LOG &quot;) IS A WEB SITE, USUALLY MAINTAINED BY AN INDIVIDUAL WITH REGULAR ENTRIES OF COMMENTARY, DESCRIPTIONS OF EVENTS, OR OTHER MATERIAL SUCH AS GRAPHICS OR VIDEO. http://www.wikipedia.org
3. Wait, where does the “business” come in?
4. BUSINESS BLOGS ARE A CORPORATE TOOL FOR COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMERS OR EMPLOYEES TO SHARE KNOWLEDGE AND BUILD YOUR BRAND.
5. “ Business blogs build your brand and your business”. In other words:
6. Why Should I care?
7. 65% of active online users read a blog at least once per week.
8. Google uses their company blog to release new features and enhancements on their core products. Along with news about what is going on inside the company. “ Nuts About Southwest” is the official blog about Southwest Airlines. Here, they release new Ad campaigns, new flight schedules and how their customer service ranks top in the industry. They also update us on aircraft receiving maintenance.
9. Zappo’s, one of the largest shoe retailers blogs about tips for shoe buying, posts videos of behind the scenes at the company and new products. Walmart launched a blog to counter bad PR press. They also blog about new products and new concepts such as their new pilot store with a “Solution Station” being shown in Texas.
10. Ahh, it sounds so simple! -Yet, companies screw it up time and again.
11. ROI Since ROI can be calculated in any number of reasons. There are 4 key areas in which the company can benefit. -Increased Brand Visibility. -Savings on customer insight -Reduced impact from negative press -Increased sales efficiency