1. Barker Hoffmann is a worldwide management consultancy, training, and research network.The head office of the worldwide organization is in London and services clients in the UK and Europe. The AsiaPacific Regional Head Office is in Manila, Philippines. Along with the local offices, it currently services thefollowing countries within the region: Our Global Client Network Australia India Singapore Brunei Indonesia Thailand China Malaysia The United Arab Emirates Hawaii New Zealand Vietnam Hong Kong Philippines SudanBarker Hoffmann has partnered with some of the most successful organizations in the region to createsustainable sources of strategic advantage and high organizational performance. Equipped with 30 years ofindustry experience, a global consultant network, and a broad range of programmes, solutions, and tools, weprovide organizations with the ways and means to transform business challenges into opportunities for growthand development. Key HR Challenges in the Public and Private Sector Sustaining Productivity after a slowly improving worldwide Economic Recession, where there are still significant problems in Europe caused by the Euro crisis Talent Acquisition and Development in a Competitive Labour Market Lack of quality successors for Retiring Senior Managers Employee Productivity Stagnation in a Government Culture A systematic approach for identifying, developing, and rewarding Performance AchievementWe mobilize the global resources of the Barker Hoffmann worldwide network to develop customized solutionstargeted to address unique business needs. Our Value Proposition A comprehensive range of multi-level programmes, solutions, tools to address every HR and organizational need. Experience with over 50 government institutions and Top 1,000 corporations in 10 countries for the last 20 years. Dedicated International Management Consultants with functional, corporate, government and industry expertise. Fully customizable solutions (if we don’t have it in our battery of solutions, we can develop it for you) Our commitment to our relationship with our accounts, and our genuine passion to make their organization effective and efficient.
2. As your management consultant, we act as your trusted advisor at every step of the way. We bring innovativesolutions to your most challenging HR issues and help you achieve your most demanding HR goals. Whatever ittakes, Barker Hoffmann will make your strategy work. The development of a strong strategic direction and the means to implement it effectively is the sole remaining source of competitive advantage in industry today.One of the most challenging, and often frustrating activities in the year, is to be able to assess all facets of theenvironment, and create sources of unique value for customers that exceed the cost of creating them. BarkerHoffmann helps organizations integrate strategy formulation with effective organizational implementation todirect, monitor, and evaluate the success of strategy at all levels in the organization.Corporate & Government Strategic Planning(Top & Senior Management Level) Strategic Organizational Performance Management Our Core SolutionsSetting an organization’s direction for the next 5 –10 years involves a competitive understanding ofthe business environment, foresight into thepossible industry scenarios, and leveragingorganizational capability to uncover areas toincrease shareholder value. Barker Hoffmann bringstogether the strategic models and planning tools thatsystematically facilitate the decision-making processto achieve this.Business Unit Management Planning(Middle Management Level)Some experts say that a simplistic Strategic Plan,with a rigorous implementation programme, isbetter than a successful strategic planning processwith little or no follow-through. Management Planning involves the conversion of the 5-year strategic plan intoannual operational goals, strategies, and action plans for each business unit. In this manner, the variousfunctional areas are synchronized across the value chain towards the achievement of the strategic plan. BarkerHoffmann helps organizations translate the high level strategy into the tactical drivers of successful strategyexecution.Strategic Performance Management & Measurement(Frontline Management Level)Conventional wisdom tells us that the management of strategy is the sole responsibility of Senior and MiddleManagement Levels. But, the ability of Frontline Managers to manage employee performance impacts on theachievement of each Business Units’ Key Tasks that form their Action Plans, which in turn allows them toachieve their Objectives and contribute to the achievement – or not - of the Corporate Plan. Barker Hoffmannequips Frontline Managers with the leadership skills, knowledge, and performance monitoring tools to driveworkforce success.
3. Leadership & Managerial Executive DevelopmentThe success of industry leaders attests to the importance of having strong and vision-oriented leadership.Barker Hoffmann conducted research into 100 organizations to develop a Leadership & ManagerialCompetency Model for Chief Executives. We provide assessment, training, and executive coaching solutions toequip your most critical leadership team to drive the organization forward.Full Products & Services Listing Strategic Management System Management Style Analysis & Implementation Development Corporate/Government Strategic Planning Job Design Process Consultation Business Unit Management Planning Improving Inter-Departmental or Inter- Strategic Performance Management & Group Relationships Measurement Culture Building Change Management Values Formation Organization & Systems Studies Organizational Capability Assessment Organization & Management Audits Assessment & Development Centres Corporate/Government Benchmarking Executive Coaching Individual Performance Planning Frontline Management Leadership & Strategy Control Managerial Certification Strategy Evaluation Essentials of Management Organizational Development Leadership & Personal Effectiveness Challenge Organizational Design Analysis 360° Survey Feedback
4. Over the last 20 years HR’s role has shifted dramatically from being anadministrative function, to being a strategic business partner to the organization.As boardrooms across the globe recognize that talent is the new sustainable source for competitive advantage,HR professionals are pressured to deliver solutions to challenging workforce issues. The principals of BarkerHoffmann have been involved in developing Human Resource Solutions to meet the developing needs oforganizations since 1969, long before the jargon terms such as Talent Management, Competency Profiling, andHuman Capital Development became popular in the profession. Over the years, Barker Hoffmann has developedmodels, tools, and instruments, to help HR professionals worldwide create workforce capabilities that are atthe heart of the success of every organization.Barker Hoffmann has solutions to address all areas of the HR function: Strategic Human Resource Management Core Solution AreasRecruitment & SelectionThe acquisition of talent is the first determinant of whether the organization will be productive or not. It willalso shape the level of efficiency of any HR initiative. Hiring errors are more common than you think. Peoplehave been brought into the organization who lack critical competency requirements, have the wrong fit for thejob, and the wrong fit for the organization. On the other hand, high quality hires means less turnover, lesstraining costs, and a better talent pool for succession planning. Barker Hoffmann helps organizations bringobjectivity to the assessment and selection process to reduce hiring errors and improve talent quality.Training & DevelopmentWhile classroom programmes will remain as a staple in the employee work experience, training departmentsare being challenged to bring in more performance-based, blended developmental activities that truly impactbehaviour and productivity back on the job. Barker Hoffmann provides organizations with the tools to measurecompetency gaps, develop learning curriculums, and evaluate the effectiveness of learning interventions. Thisway, Barker Hoffmann helps organizations create a learning organization committed to sustainablecompetency development.
5. Performance ManagementIt has always been the aim for HR divisions to develop a Performance Evaluation System that is fair, objective,and that equitably rewards successful performance. This is now not only achievable, but can also be performedin an easy, hassle-free way. But it begins with the clear establishment of Missions, Key Result Areas, KeyPerformance Indicators, Tasks and Standards across the organization. With a clear set of roles andaccountabilities, employees at all levels in the organization are not only guided of their role in theimplementation of strategy, but are able to regulate their performance. Barker Hoffmann helps organizationsset clear accountability areas, and the measures by which their performance success will be measured, rewardswill be based, and disciplinary action will be enforced.Talent Management, Succession Planning & Career DevelopmentWhilst most employers advocate the provision of equal opportunities for growth and career advancement inorganizations, HR professionals know that not all positions and individuals are made equal. There are criticalpositions, scattered across management and technical fields that directly shape the current and long termsuccess of the entire organization. In short, these positions would need the highest level of competencies, themost number of competent successors, and highest level of satisfaction. Barker Hoffmann helps organizationsidentify these positions, find you sources of people with high potential for vertical mobility, and provide theresources and systems to grow talent sustainably within the organization.Competency ProfilingEmployee Performance success is a delicate combination of the right mix of skills, knowledge, attitudinal, andmotivational elements that fuel productive behaviour. We now use the term “competencies”. Whilst it’s easy togo online and write up a list, there are only a critical number of differentiating competencies that mean successor failure. Barker Hoffmann helps organizations identify these critical competencies through a rigorous study ofthe job situation, to identify what is most unique about your top performers, and what is it in them that youwant to duplicate and spread across the organization. Simultaneously, Barker Hoffmann, with workgroupdelegates from all parts of HR, to rigorously implement a Competency-Based Human Resource ManagementSystem that integrates the entire HR function within the organization towards the systematic identification,development, and rewarding of the competencies that make the organization succeed.
6. Recruitment & Selection Online Competency Assessment Tools (Skills, Knowledge, Attitudinal, Leadership Succession Planning & Career Development & Managerial) Assessment Centres Competency-Based BEI Interviewing Tools Dual-Track Career Development Training on Behavioural Event Interviewing Executive Leadership & ManagementPerformance Management & Measurement Development Programmes Workforce Analysis & Segmentation Job Analysis Writing Job Descriptions Organizational Development Writing Key Result Areas & Key Structure Design Performance Indicators Climate Measurement Writing Task Performance, Conditions, & Culture Change Standards Restructuring Writing Task Hierarchies & Task Algorithms Change Management Frontline Manager Training – Performance Planning Compensation & Benefits Frontline Manager Training – Performance Monitoring, Coaching, and Giving Job Evaluation Performance Feedback Competency-linked Competitive Frontline Manager Training – Performance Remuneration Evaluation Performance Planning, Monitoring, & Competency Profiling & Competency-Based Evaluation Tools Human Resource Management Systems 360 Degree Feedback Tools Job Role Matrix Development Competency Dictionary DevelopmentTraining & Development Competency Assessment Instrument (Instructional Systems Design Framework) Development Training Needs Analysis Job Position Threshold & Success Profile Curriculum Development Development Training of Trainers Competency-Based Human Resource Training Evaluation (Reaction, Skills, Management Systems Development for: Behaviour Improvement, ROI) I. Recruitment & Selection ISD Professional Certification for HR II. Training & Development Professionals III. Performance Management & MeasurementTalent Management IV. Talent Management, Career Development & Succession Talent Management Policy Development Planning Talent Fast-Track Programme Management: V. Compensation & Benefits High Potential Employee Assessment VI. HRI Fast-Track Curriculum Development for Leadership Positions Fast-Track Curriculum Development for Specialist Positions
7. Strategic Management Programmes Strategic Planning Performance Management Using the BSC Frontline Management Development Approach Programme Management Planning Allocating Work Developing Management EQ Costing Management Control Developing Individuals Essentials of Management Developing Yourself Benchmarking Managing Budgets Managing ChangeHuman Resources Training Managing Information Professional Certification Programme for Managing Resources Competency Profiling & Competency Managing the Pressure Management Meeting & Negotiations Strategic Performance Management for HR Motivation Professionals Organizational Finance Mager Criterion Referenced Instruction Planning & Control Mager Instructional Module Development Problem-Solving & Decision-Making Professional Certification Programme for Quality Management Instructional Systems Design Team Building Strategic Human Resource Management Team Leadership Behavioural Event Interviewing Training Others Training of Trainers: Foundation Verbal Communication Programme Written Communications Customer Relationship ManagementProject Management Project Financial and Cost Management Individual, Team & Leadership Challenge (Basic-Intermediate Advance) Team Challenge Project Management Audit Management Challenge ICT & Software Project Management Leadership Challenge Project Management (includes MS Project Personal Challenge 2003 training) Microsoft Project 2003 Risk Management of Projects
8. Personal & Communication Effectiveness Mapping and Reviewing Business Process Manager’s and Supervisor’s Coaching Effective Time Management Skills Centered Selling Programmes Personal Skills Map Face-to-Face Selling For Major Sales Personal Goal Setting Customer Centered Selling Presentation Skills Managers’ Field Coaching Effective Business Writing CRM: Strategic Account Management E-File Management Advanced Selling Skills EQ Interpersonal and Communication Skills Teller Spotter Skills Stress Transformation Commercial Negotiation Skills Assertiveness Training Management of the Sales Force Corporate Wellness Prospecting & Planning Effective Meeting Skills Team Selling Telephone Selling SkillsCustomer Service Training Selling Skills One Creating a Customer Oriented Organisation Handling Objections Customer Service ExcellenceFinance Finance for Non-Finance ManagersBusiness Process Improvement