- Royal Canin is a global manufacturer of specialty Health Nutrition products for cats & dogs. - Knowledge & respect: encompasses our truly cats & dogs first philosophy – to provide the most precise nutritional answer to the specific needs of each cat & dog through scientific knowledge & professional networks. - Nutritional philosophy: supported through research, nutrient profiles, kibble science, digestibility & palatability. - Health benefits: support for physiological issues, healthy body functions, predispositions & age requirements. - Quality & food safety: hold certification in ISO 9001 Quality & Management System & ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System. - Sustainable development: through people as activate players, thinking globally acting locally & innovation.
- 1967: founded in the south of France by Dr. Jean Cathary, a veterinary surgeon. - 1999: comes to Canada. - 2002: joins Mars Group. - 2008: Canadian manufacturing facility opens in Guelph, Ontario – about 45 minutes outside of Toronto.
- We distribute through 3 distinct channels, each with dedicated product lines, sales & marketing teams. - Canadian pet food market is a $1.5B industry. - Market share breakdown by channel: 60% grocery/mass, 25% pet specialty & 15% veterinary. There is still room for specialty categories to grow. - Ownership dynamics: Canada has 35MM households, with 8.7MM owning a cat & 6MM owning a dog.
- Social Customer Care: value through reduced customer response time, increased service levels & efficiency of business processes. - Marketing Campaign Management: value through ensured engagement with each campaign mention, capability to better serve customers with additional/customized content & greater reach via social conversation. - To manage workflow, we have created rules in the social hub to help triage the posts into the right Salesforce case queue.
- Initial post happens on our Facebook managed account.
- Radian6 listens to all Royal Canin Canada Facebook activity using a Topic Profile set up exclusively for customer enquiries on our Facebook page.
- Social case lands is into a Salesforce case queue created for Customer Care & based on a set of simple workflow rules.
- Customer Care opens the case & triages, assigns or collaborates on a resolution using Chatter.
- Reply to last post is used to provide resolution to Facebook post directly from Salesforce. - The case is the run through normal process by Customer Care to continue engagement or close & catalogue.
- Finally, the resolution response lands in Facebook, resulting in great support for our loyal customer!
- Social for us was initially jumped into without a clear vision, which quickly turned into a place to support customer enquiries. - Through this effort we have seen results far exceeding our initial expectation of light brand conversation. - We’ve provided another touchpoint to service customers & a platform for customers to share testimonials on life-changing product experiences. - More recently we have embarked on using Facebook & Twitter as a means of distributing marketing communications & extending brand reach through individualized conversations.
- Start small: activating numerous use cases at the same time can become complex. Start with 1 & make sure you nail it before rolling out to other units. - Start small: ensure your use case is compliant with social platform policies on posting content, frequency & direct messaging. - Expanding: creating unique use cases for marketing teams to drive performance. - Data quality: creating fields for case users to collect greater information on the contact & their pet.
Dreamforce - "You got your social in my CRM"
Digital Marketing Manager
Royal Canin at a glance
Knowledge & respect
Knowledge & respect
Quality & food safety
Quality & food safety
Innovation based on observation & science
Tailor-made Health Nutrition
ISO 9001 & ISO 22000
Supplier audits & validation
Raw material validation
Precision & delivery of nutrients
Precisely adapted nutritional solutions
How we integrate social with Salesforce
Since spring 2013, we have been utilizing Radian6 to Salesforce
integration for 2 use cases:
Social Customer Care
• Listen to our brand Facebook page – Royal Canin Canada
• Create cases for customer enquiries
• Engage & resolve cases
Marketing Campaign Management
• Listen to all social media channels for campaign mentions
• Create cases for on topic conversations
• Engage & drive reach of campaign messaging
We’re just getting going, but have gained some solid learnings from
our pilot projects:
What we can recommend:
• Start small to ensure success & service
• Have a bold vision of creating your social enterprise
What we’re working on:
• Expanding roll-out to more business units
• Increasing data quality & meaningfulness of social contacts
• Service ratings by case
All about Royal Canin Canada
Royal Canin is a global manufacturer of premium Health
Nutrition products for cats & dogs. The business has been
operational in Canada since 1999. Social Customer Service
has enabled us to:
Reduce response time for customer social enquires
Increase service levels
Improve efficiency of Customer Care business process for social
Extend brand reach through high-quality, one-to-one social