1. Joan Miro“My father was very realistic … if I said the sky was purple, he made fun of me, which threw me into a rage.”
2. About Miro …• This Spanish artist painted a world of wondrous creatures that seem to dance before our eyes.
3. About Miro …• He got his ideas for his pictures by remembering his family’s farm.
4. About Miro …• He was inspired by plants, animals, and insects he saw there.
5. About Miro …• Rather than paint them exactly as they look, Miro invented all kinds of colorful creatures.
6. About Miro …• Miro loved to paint flowing curvy shapes.
7. Joan Miro paintings
8. Let’s analyze …•Can you find a creature that seems to be made from a guitar and has a circle for a head?• Find a creature that is coming out of a box. It has two colored wings, one yellow and one boxblue. It has black antennae and two tiny black arms.
9. Let’s analyze …•Look for two creatures in the front ofthe picture.
10. Let’s analyze …•They have striped bodies and curvyarms.
11. Let’s analyze …•What do you think they aredoing?
12. Let’s analyze …•Notice the ladder.
13. Let’s analyze …•What do you see as youclimb to the top of it?
14. Make up a title …•What are all these crazy creatures doing?
15. Let’s make our own Miro paintings Follow these directions …
16. Directions:•For this lesson wewill begin with awhite sheet of paperand crayons.
17. Directions:•Draw plants,animals, and insectsin a Miro-like garden.
18. Directions:•Press firmly on yourcrayon when drawing.(You will see whysoon!)
19. Directions:•When you think youare done with this part,go to next step...
20. Directions:•Use the watercolor paintand paint gently over yourcrayon drawings.
21. Directions:•Follow all of Mrs.Churchs “How toPaint” rules!!!
22. Directions:•Let it dry and glue it to acolorful sheet ofconstruction paper.