Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
Eco friendly recycled paper
VASUDEVANA/L RAJANDRAN ME086547
PUNINTHERANKALIDASA/L SAKER ME086501
PARAMASIVAMA/L SUMMUGAN ME086717
IZZUDDIN BIN IDRIS ME088433
PRODUCTION PLANNING AND CONTROL
Eco-Friendly Recycled Paper
Paper Recycling Business Producing & selling
paper pulps & other paper products by paper
• The business will include Punintherankalidas
Saker,Vasudevan Rajandran, Paramasivam
Summugan, and Izzuddin Idris as partners
each is owning business name of Eco-Friendly
Recycled paper 25% shares of the business.
Start-up Plan / Company History
• Initially it will be a medium
scale paper processing plant.
But with the increase of market
share the size of plant will also
• The business will operate as a
private limited company under
the business name of Eco-
Friendly Paper Recycling Plant.
Facilities and Location
• Huge raw materials, enough water and labour
• Strategic location, easy to collect the raw
materials, easy to supply the product.
Paper Recycling Business
• Our Business plan is to convert used paper to the new, re-useable paper & other paper products. Our business will help the paper
industry to fulfil the rapidly increasing demand of paper products.
• We will be selling recycled pulp to the paper manufacturers. And we will also be engaged in production of paper products like paper
bags, tissue papers, gift papers, note books etc.
• The paper industries of our country are the main customers of our business.They use our product as the raw materials of paper.
• Initial capital requirement for manual processing will be around RM 1 Billion and for automatic processing will be around RM 1.6
Billion. Our Capital requirement for automatic processing will be aroundTk. 1.5 Billion.
Benefits of our Business
• Environmental Benefits , Social and Economic Benefits.
• Our vision is to capture the whole paper recycling or that kind of business which are related
• To become a successful and profitable paper production Company comparing with others.
• To increase the production level so that we can export more quality product to earn the
• To achieve the best possible results for our clients
• To provide products and services that exceed customer expectations
• To offer low priced range of quality product which will attract people to purchase
• To maintain the social and economic benefits from the business
• To provide consistent quality of wastepaper from domestic and international sources.
Missions and Goals
• To address the huge problem of irresponsible waste management;
• To utilize waste to its fullest in as many ways as possible
• To create a clean and healthy environment free of litter.
• To look at waste as a resource which can be used by the community
MANUFACTURING PROCESS AND
MANAGEMENT OF RESIDUES
Paper Recycling processes includes the following main steps:-
• Federal government agencies are encouraged
to make environmentally-friendly office supply
purchases. In addition, the majority of states
have enacted similar legislation for their
governmental agencies.This legislative
requirement for environmentally-friendly
products has created a huge market for Paper
• Corporate companies that are interested in the
purchase of environmentally-friendly supplies
because of a decision by management and
belief reasons or as part of a Corporate Social
Responsibility (CSR) program that
communicates to their customers that the
business is committed to the environment and
makes procurements based on environmental
Pricing of product
• Normal market price will be charged for paper pulps to paper making industry with some
• Considering the use of paper products, our target customers could be an individual, a
corporation or government
• For introducing our self in the market, we will market our product(s) through different
mediums (Websites, Emails, Print Media, andTV etc).
• Different types of awareness programs will be used to make people buy recycled paper
• We buy our raw materials from the local waste paper dealers and the waste paper
• We also appoint some employee for collecting paper from them.
Paper Consumption in Malaysia
• Malaysia consumes about 380,000 tonnes of paper annually (The
Star, 2009).The amount of consumption had been gradually increased to
approximately 1,200,000 tonnes in 2010
• 115 billion sheets of paper are used annually for personal computers.The
average web user prints 28 pages daily.
Per capita paper consumption in
To analyze the world’s demand for paper products
by using per capita paper consumption.
Operational plan Description of company’s operation :
1. Collecting scrap paper
2. Processing the raw material
3. Making paper pulp
4. Sold paper pulp to other paper industry
5. Use remaining pulp to make other paper items.
• Our paper processing plant would be fully automatic & necessary technologies
would be installed to make our production & administration most cost efficient.
• Low price
• Environment friendly
• Low resource consumption
• Less garbage in the society
• Unavailability of machinery.
• Consumers may not accept
this product if we do not
market it accordingly.
• Lack of funding for recycling.
• Firms may react on this
establishment and may
negatively affect our
• Employment opportunities
• Demand supply gap, creates
a room for our business
• Purchasing power of the
people will be increased so
they will favor our products.
1. GENERAL MANAGER – PUNINTHERANKALIDAS A/L SAKER
• Manage and keep control of all department in the company
• Direct and give instructions for each leader from each department
• Head of the Human Resource department
2. CHIEF ENGINEER -VASUDEVAN A/L RAJANDRAN
• Lead the design team and enhance the product production
• Manage the fabrication and packaging department
• Head of the Design Analysis department
3. MARKETING ENGINEER – PARAMASIVAM A/L SUMMUGAN
• Deal with clients from all regions including international customers
• Manage the import and export of the product
• Lead the promotion and marketing
4. FINANCIAL CONTROLLER - IZZUDDIN BIN IDRIS
• Head of the financial department
• Controls cost of project
RM200,000.00 will be invested
as equity capital by the
owners. Every owner give
For RM 300,000.00 will be
required as borrowed capital
secured by first mortgage and
chattel security as well as
assignment of accounts
Total Funding Needs
• Capital requirement for automatic
processing will be around RM300,000.
• The requirement financing and sources
RM100,000 for buildings and
RM50,000 for plant & equipment of
RM50,000 for other long term assets
RM100,000 is needed as operating
Position Salary (RM)
6,500x3 = 19,500
3,500x 5 = 17,500
Technicians 2,000x 15 = 30,000
TOTAL SALARY RM 77,000
• ProductionCost for 1 ream of paper = RM7
• Produce 600 ream/day = 18000 ream/month
• Total Cost/month = RM 7 X 18000
= RM 126,000
• Eco-Friendly Recycled Paper is a 100% recycled paper for superb all-round
office performance. It’s a perfect choice for high volume printing and
copying, faxes, internal memos, draft documents and everyday use.
• It is certified with PEFC recycled label and manufactured with the best
consideration of conserving resources and energy.
• Packaging materials including ream wrappers and carton boxes are also
100% recycled and can be recycled again after use.
• By using Eco-Friendly Recycled Paper, you can save trees, conserve
water, save energy, reduce solid waste and emissions of greenhouse gases.
Features and Benefits:
• PEFC certified
• Made from 100% recovered fibers
• Ream wrappers and carton boxes are made
from 100% recovered fibers
• 100% recyclable and biodegradable
• Acid free
• ProcessedChlorine Free (PCF)
• High brightness
• Optimized smoothness
• Good printing contrast provides optimum
printing and copying performance
• Available in : A4 size, 80 gsm
• Duplex copy
• Laser printing
• Inkjet printing
XYZ Recycled Paper
• Recycled paper jams copiers.
• Making recycled paper is environmentally
Eco-Friendly Recycled Paper
• Testing for paper jams will be made using Eco-
Friendly Recycled Paper and rectify the
problem if persists.
• The only area in which recycled paper creates
more disposal materials is in the greater
amount of sludge produced than virgin
papermaking.The sludge of our recycling mills
will be tested for toxicfication. Sludge that
tests hazardous will be disposed of by an
environmentally controlled method.
• Recycling 1 short ton (0.91 t) of paper saves
17 mature trees, 7 thousand gallons (26 m3)
of water, 3 cubic yards (2.3 m3) of landfill
space, 2 barrels of oil (84 US gal or 320 l), and
4,100 kilowatt-hours (15 GJ) of electricity —
enough energy to power the average home
for six months.
• Decomposition of 1 ton of paper in landfills
produces methane, a greenhouse gas with 21
times the heat-trapping power of carbon
We help you to eliminate the intangible cost of being
guilty of printing documents on virgin papers, and
allow you to use the paper at your own will. But just
make sure it is a recycled paper. Save the trees, be
responsible to our Mother Earth.
ECO-FRIENDLY RECYCLED PAPER
Have a nice day,Thank you