Smart phones are mobile phones offering advanced capabilities, similar in many respects to a PC or a laptop.A smart phone will allow you to run multiple applications at a time, customize your menus and shortcuts.It can even allow you to install third party applications known as apps, which can be downloaded from dedicated digital camera capabilities. Smart phones run complete operating system software proving a platform for application developers.They combine the functions of a camera phone and personal digital assistant.
To a greater extent, smart phones are affecting productivity, communication in the work place, social engagement and education positively. Due to technological advancement, smart phones are capable of carrying out different tasks similar in many respects to a PC or a laptop. One can use his or her mobile phone for the company’s advantage. The use of Apps and Mobile web browsing has improved communication at work places. Hence this results in an increase in productivity at work places. The fact that business can be done anywhere at any time means that production also increases. Smart phones help people to have direct access to their customers and be able get more business when needed. Customers don’t necessarily have to go to the office to get messages from a company, smart phones will make it easier for them to get adverts and messages anywhere and at any time. Smart phones will make it easier even for a manager and subordinate to discuss business even when it is not during working hours. Communication is faster and it is easier to reach out to any one at any given time.
The use of Apps and Mobile web browsing has improved communication at work places. The fact that the business can be done anywhere at any time it results in an increase in productivity at work. Smart phones help people to have direct access to their customers and be able to get more business when needed. People can advertise their business at any time and it doesn’t need one to go to the office to get a mail.A subordinate and a manager can be able to discuss business issues even when they are at different locations. One does not necessarily be in in the office for business to move on. Hence smart phones have a great impact at workplaces.
Nielsen report that 31% of US mobile phone owners have a smartphone as of December 2010, and expectsmartphones to become the majority by the end of 2011. eMarketerpredicts that smartphone ownership will reach 43% of the US mobile population by 2015. According to figures for 2010 released by Gartner, smartphones accounted for 297 million (19%) of the 1.6 billion mobile phones sold that year. That's 72.1% more smartphone sales than in 2009.
1. SMART PHONES<br />
3. Impacts that smart phones have…<br />Smart phones have a positive impact on productivity and communication at work places.<br />They encourage social networking, hence they influence social engagement.<br />Smart phones have an impact on education and this makes life much easier for those in the education sector.<br />
4. Social engagement…<br />Smart phones have an impact on social engagement.<br /> They encourage social networking and help people to get to know each other better.<br />Use of skype and facebooking can help people find old time friends and even connect with their families.<br />They promote interactions amoung work mates, business partners and people tend to create more networks each day.<br />
5. <ul><li>impact on communication and productivity…</li></ul>Smart phones have a positive impact on communication and productivity.<br />Due to technological advances, smart phones are capable of carrying out various tasks similar in many respects to a PC and a laptop. <br />
6. Impact of smart phones on education…<br /><ul><li>Smart phones help students to complete assignments and conduct research on the web pages.
7. Instead of attending classes some students can get lecture notes even when they are at home directly from their mobile phones.
8. Smart phones are portable and anyone can access information anywhere at any time.
9. Students can even use their mobile phones for storage purposes. They can save their files and be able to access them at any time.</li></li></ul><li>Source: Gartner (Feb 2011)<br />Sales of smartphones using the Android OS jumped almost 900% compared to 2009.<br />
10. Conclusion…<br />Smart phones generally have a positive impact on productivity, communication in the work place and a positive impact on education. At work places people can easily communicate with their workmates and people can plan on developmental issues even when they are at different locations.<br /> However smart phones can also promote laziness, students can end up copying and pasting information and not putting any effort on reading.<br />