1. Arts 101 Artistic paintings were introduced to the Filipinos in the 16th century when the Spaniards arrived in the Philippines. During this time, the Spaniards used paintings as religious propaganda to spread Catholicism throughout the Philippines. These paintings, appearing mostly on church walls, featured religious figures appearing in Catholic teaching. Due to the
2. In the early 19th century, wealthier,educated Filipinos introduced moresecular Filipino art, causing art in thePhilippines to deviate from religiousmotifs. The use of watercolor paintingsincreased and the subject matter ofpaintings began to include landscapes,Filipino inhabitants, Philippine fashion, andgovernment officials.
3. Arts of the Philippines is diverse. It includes painting, weaving, sculpting, poetry, crafting and many other art forms.
4. Paintings from Philippine Art
5. Crafts from Philippine Art
7. Weaving in the Philippine
8. Sculpting in the Philippine
9. Quiz 1Artistic paintings were introduced to theFilipinos in the 16th century when theSpaniards arrived in the Philippines. Yes No
10. In what century were in educated Filipinos introduced more secular Filipino art? 20th century 18th century 19th century 17th century