2. I. Work ethic
A) is a set of values based on hard work
3. It is also a belief in the moral benefit of work
and its ability to enhance
4. B) Workers exhibiting a good work ethic in theory
should be selected for better positions, more
responsibility and ultimately____________________promotion
5. C) Workers who fail to exhibit a good work ethic may be
regarded as failing to provide fair value for the wage
the employer is ________________________thempaying
6. And should not be promoted or placed in
positions of greater responsibility
7. D) According to Steven Malanga ( a newspaper writer)
work ethic is not just hard work but also a set of
accompanying ____________ crucial to the development
of a company or an institution.
8. E) Remember that money
___________________________ more money and its
offspring can produce more
9. F) If you kill a breeding cow, you
_______________ her offspring to a
10. If a person dies _______________________, just calculate all the
salary he should have earned until he retired and after
retirement and how many people , especially his family, would
have benefitted from his work
11. G) Many conservatives believe that laziness is
reprehensible (worthy of rebuke)
12. Because one is not doing the share of the work
and living off of the hard work of others, and
so opposed to welfare programs.
13. Virtues Crucial to
14. What are the characteristics of an
15. WRONG is
WRONG even if
RIGHT is RIGHT
no one is doing
16. 1) It stretches to all aspects of an
17. An employee with integrity fosters trusting
_______________________ with clients, coworkers
18. 2) Coworkers value the employee’s
ability to give ____________________
19. 3) Clients trust the employee’s
20. Supervisors rely on the
employee’s high moral standards,
21. Trusting him not to __________________
from the company or create problems
22. B) Sense of Responsibility
A strong sense of responsibility affects how an employee
________________ and the amount of work he does.works
23. He shows up on time
24. puts in his best effort
25. And completes projects to
the best of his _____________ability
26. C) Emphasis on Quality
Some employees do only the bare ________________,
just enough to keep their job intact.
27. D) Discipline
It takes a certain level of commitment to _______________________ your
tasks everyday. An employee with good discipline stays focused on
his goals and is determined to complete his assignments.
28. These employees show a high level of
_____________________ to the company, always
ensuring they do their part.
29. E) Sense of Teamwork
Most employees have to work together to meet
30. An employee with a sense of teamwork helps a
team meet its goals and _______________________
quality of work.
31. F) Attitude
The way you approach your work and
your coworkers can affect how you
____________________ about your work
32. A positive
33. Pleasant people generally make other
people feel ______________________________good
34. G) Respect
Treat other people just like you want them to treat you.
This respect for others and their feelings will reflect
back to you.
35. Remember that you have to earn respect
from others. It is not automatically
36. When you are working, make sure that good __________
are credited to the people who created them.
37. If you make a mistake ___________________
it and apologize for it.
38. Use that mistake as a
_________________________ experience and
your job skills will improve.
39. When you are at work, you should use language that
would be accepted by your mother, by the monks and
by your favorite teacher.