On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
A2 The Assessment Objectives
Knowledge- main ideas, words and sociologists
Understanding- Evidence through explanation.
Interpretation- this is about SELECTING the relevant material for the
- Not writing ‘EVERYTHING’ you know about it!
- Use material which answers the question
- Give relevant examples e.g. from other areas in
Sociology (family/education/crime and deviance)
Application- Linking ideas together
- Showing how the material is relevant to the question.
Analysis- Comparing and contrasting ideas (saying how they are similar and
-Organising your ideas with a clear introduction and a logical line of
argument from paragraph to paragraph
Evaluation- This is the ASSESS word in an essay question
-Weigh up the arguments
- Give arguments and evidence for and against a particular view.
-Examine a theories view discussing the strengths and limitations
of a theory.
- Put forward alternative views and perspectives
NOTE- A01 and A02 WILL overlap