2. User Experience Designer@radian6Emailrussell.email@example.comTwitter@russellsmith21
3. The Next 45m-Hour
6. What is User Experience? GO“The overarching experience a person ”has as a result of their interactionswith a particular product or service.
7. In my day…
8. “ My personal creative process is to construct a big, tall scaffold of theory and evidence, and then once that is built I get on my hang-glider-of- intuition and jump off the top of the scaffold. I seem to need to do a lot of thinking and testing before I let myself fly. But fly I do, eventually. Unknown
9. DIY or not…
11. “ We wanna be the Apple of ” ______
12. Ducks In a rowFocus Customer Value  What’s worth doing?   What value does it provide?Definition Scope  What are we building?   How do we deliver it?
13. Stuffyou might do•  Needs assessment•  Prioritization•  Review Site Analytics•  Competitive Analysis•  Analyze Trends•  Market Scans•  Define how your product differs•  Customer surveys•  Brainstorm opportunities
14. Stuffyou might do
15. Deliverablesyou might see•  Competitive Analysis•  Elevator Pitch•  Market Scans•  Strategy•  High Level Scope
16. Right Strategy?
17. Who & What…
18. Stuffyou might do•  Define users•  Stakeholder Interviews•  User interviews •  Focus groups •  In home interviews •  Usability Study •  Surveys•  Process Sketching
19. See users in their natural habitat
20. Deliverablesyou might see•  Personas
21. RightUser Research?
22. ThinkArchitect notInterior designer
23. Stuffyou might do•  Content Analysis•  Content Assessment•  Content Inventory•  Usability Study – Card Sort •  Open or closed sort
24. Stuffyou might do
25. Deliverablesyou might see•  Taxonomy•  Information Architecture
26. Right IA?
27. ThinkInterior designer
28. Stuffyou might do•  Prototype•  Functional spec•  Use Cases•  Usability•  Sketching•  Visual Design•  Front End Development
29. Stuffyou might do
30. Deliverablesyou might see•  Wireframes•  Functional Prototype•  Design Files•  Front end code•  Usability reports•  Use Cases•  Functional spec
31. Right Interaction Design?
32. Fitting into thedev process.
33. People’s behavior makes sense ifyou think about it in terms oftheir goals, needs, and motives.Show some empathy would you!
35. Say hello… @russellsmith21 firstname.lastname@example.org…and if you really liked me