Birmingham city university MA Environment & Spatial Planning flyer
Do youwanttoshapebuilt and natural environments?
Thenrealise yourpotential with us at BirminghamCity University!
• Fullyaccredited bythe Royal TownPlanningInstitute(RTPI).TheMA qualificationisdesigned tolead you
towardstheAssessmentofProfessional Competence and full professionalmembershipofthe RTPI.
• Contemporarycourseaddressingissuesofsustainability, placemaking, environmental change andgovernance.
• Experienced teamof research and practice staff leadingthe management of built and natural environments.
• Locatedinthe centre of Birmingham-theidealworkshopforlearningaboutawiderange of environmental
andspatial planningissues in city and the wider rural urban fringe environments.
• Range ofinnovativeassessmenttypeswhichcombineacademic content with practical application.
• Interactive,inter disciplinary, problem-based approachtolearning including an EU field visit .
• Small classeswith apositive,one-to-onesupportiverelationshipbetweenstaff andstudents.
• A widevarietyof subjectareasallowentry–pleasecontactus for details.
• If youhaveadegreeandarealreadyworkingin planning, thiscourse will enhanceyour career prospects
• Experiencea livelyandchallengingapproachtolearningthatencouragesyoutodevelopyourown
approachestoproblemsrather thanbeingpresentedwith standardsolutions.
• Developsubjectknowledgeandtransferable skills inplanningat thelocal level,providing youwith the
knowledge,competenciesandvaluesneededtodevelop your futurerolewithinthis profession.
Why youshouldencourageyourstaff toapply:
• Flexible studymodes and excellentvalueformoney. Under £3000pafor part timestudy.
• Investmentinstaffbuilds confidence,loyaltyand expertisethatenhancesyour organisation’sperformance.
• RTPI accredited staff givesenhanced credibilityand worth toyouractivities.
• Masterslevelstudydevelops transferableskillstoprepare staff forcareergrowthandpromotion.
• Relatingtheorytopracticetakescoursemembersbeyondtheir day-todayrolestoexperiencewider.
perspectivesonhowtheirworkfitsinto the natural and built environment professions.
• ContactAlister Scott Alister.Scott@bcu.ac.uk 01213317551 http://twitter.com/bcualisterscott
• For further information onthe course please see: http://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/spatial-planning
Recruitingnowfor September 2014&January 2015!
**VisitourOpen Evening 24thApril 430-7pmat Millennium Point**
MillenniumPointis offJennensRd&CurzonSt atB47XG.Itis 10-15minutewalkfromNewSt/MoorSt station