This is a presentation about jekyll and static-site generators in general. It discusses various use cases that justifies the use of such a tool, in between choosing plain HTML and a database-powered CMS.
Who am I?
VP of Engineering
Super Awesome Hair
# Heading 1
## Heading 2
### Heading 3
<p>This is a
Benefits of SSGs
Very very easy to kickstart
Comes with powerful templating features
Very little need to dive into server-side code
Can be used to prototype high-content websites
When to use SSG?
1. Markdown/textile works better than HTML
2. You need some form of simple templating
3. Your client doesn’t need to update content by
4. You don’t need to perform complex data operations
5. You kind of don’t really like UI control panels