1. Power Your EmailMarketing Ruben Quinones,Director of New Media
2. Who We Are •Strategic Online Marketing Approach •Strategic Online Marketing Approach•SEO, Social Media , ,Pay-Per-Click, Display Ad management •SEO, Social Media Pay-Per-Click, Display Ad management •Industry leading technology for managing, optimizing & •Industry leading technology for managing, optimizing & tracking search based campaigns tracking search based campaigns Some Brands We Have Worked With
3. mail Marketing Considerations • Why do it?
4. Why we do it…….
5. mail Marketing Considerations The Transactional Marketed to • Current customers • Prospects who have shown interest •Good for sales •Ideal for well known brands, retail, ecommerce, and time sensitive events/sales
6. mail Marketing Considerations
7. mail Marketing Considerations The Newsletter • Would typically market to current customers and alliances • Staying Front of Mind
8. mail Marketing Considerations The Newsletter
9. mail Marketing Considerations Nurturing Based Email • Entire database • Or segmented list by vertical Interest, or relationship Good for • Front of Mind • Building Credibility • Building Trust
10. mail Marketing Considerations Nurturing Based Email
11. Content Ideas for Nurturing Based EmailsWhat’s New?CommentaryWhat’s going to happen…..what to watch out forHow to – process orientedTools and resources that would be of value to your readersAnswering a QuestionCommon Mistakes to look out for
12. mail Marketing Considerations •Permission Based......
13. mail Marketing Considerations •Segmentation
14. mail Marketing Considerations •Frequency
15. mail Marketing Considerations •Relevant Messaging
16. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Plain Text Emails vs. HTML • Best practice is to include both a text version and html version of your email • Recipients prefer seeing a plain text email
17. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Plain Text Emails vs. HTML VS.
18. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Use of Images
19. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Use of Images • Including images leads to higher conversion • Test out which images work for your audience
20. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Day of the Week
21. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Time of Day
22. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Fist Name vs. No Name in Subject Line • Test whether including a recipient’s first name in the subject line has a positive effect on open rates
23. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Fist Name vs. No Name in Email • Test whether including a recipient’s first name in the email has a positive effect on open rates
24. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Fist Name vs. No Name in Email
25. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Social Media Information • You’ve captured a lead’s social media information, now what? • Segment out a portion of your list to experiment with the results of including dynamic social media content in your email sends.
26. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Image CTA vs. Text CTA • Test whether you see better conversion rates from image CTA’s or text CTA’s (call to action) Download to Dropbox
27. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Placement of text CTA’s • Test which emails get a higher CTR- anchor text in the beginning, middle, of end of your email? • Second CTA in email • Use of text CTA in p.s. maybe also effect CTR.
28. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Offer Type • Test the performance of various offer types such as white papers, case studies, videos, webinars, and e-books. •Test certain segments based on persona or lifecycle stage to see if one group prefers one offer type over the other.
29. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Email Sender • Company Name vs. Personal Name as Sender – Test whether it’s best to send from your company’s name, name of an actual person at company, or both. •Sales Contact as Sender – With dynamic content, see if sending an email using the company’s contact salesperson improves the performance of email •Personal vs. Alias Email Address – Test out the performance of emails based on types of email address.
30. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Email Sender
31. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Email Copy • Familiar vs. Professional Tone – Test out different tones- familiar versus professional, to see which resonates with your audience • Longer vs. Shorter Emails – Test out both types of emails.
32. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Subject Line Variation • Test out how different types of copy in the subject line perform.
33. ail Marketing Testing Strategi Including “free” in the content
34. Email Metrics To Consider•List Size and Relevancy•Email Delivery Rate•Click Thru Rate•Spam complaints•Unsubscribes
35. Words used in Email Graphic
36. Other Email Marketing Metrics •List Size and Relevancy •Email Delivery Rate •Click Thru Rate •Spam complaints •Unsubscribes
37. Identify Key Terms for Your Customer Segments•Who are our audiences?•What are the touch points / challenges ofour customers/alliances?•What are they asking?
38. Discovering Content Topics Audiences for ContentCustomerSegmentationAlliances
39. Identifying Key Terms for Your Customer Segmentswill lead to ….•Topical ideas for future content marketed to thosesegments•Uncovering other blogs, forums, influencers, andsocial sites that are responding to these key terms•Embedding these key phrases will give you a betteropportunity to increase CTR’s, opens, etc.
40. Identify Key Terms for Your Customer SegmentsTouch points – key terms that are widely used byyour audience. Ex. (cashflow, tax shelter,appreciation are terms that accountants would usein their daily workflow)Context – key terms that attach a type of relevance,for ex. New York, venue, etc.Audience – Segmented customer or alliance.
41. Thank You!www.linkedin.com/in/rubenquinones Presentation is posted onhttp://facebook.com/pathinteractive