View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Did you know that 50%
of your new members,
will be gone within the
first 3 months of their
MONTH 1 MONTH 2 MONTH 3
“Without changing current practices, it is likely your club will continue
to have preventable and reversible membership attrition on the average
of 150 members per year, and that 90% of those members will join your
competition within twelve months of leaving your club”
IHRSA Guide to membership retention
How do you target
members most in
need of support?
% OF MEMBERS
NEED FOR SUPPORT
Staff can support 5–15% of their members during any given week
MobileFit has all
• Track member workout feedback and progress towards your goals
• Retention lists to identify members at immediate risk of drop out
• Communications tools to connect trainers and members
• Automated assessment alerts
• Management dashboard to view operational performance
• Member motivation tools
Implementing and adopting new tools is critical to your retention
success. To learn more about how MobileFit can increase your retention
and impact your revenue please contact our team for a free product
• High usage correlates with high retention.
• Clubs that regularly invest in improvements have higher
retention rates than clubs that do not reinvest.
• Declining usage by any member is always a red flag.
• Ensure that fitness staff continually interacts with members.
• Strong staff/member connections boost retention.
• Every month, communicate to the entire staff the previous
month’s retention results.
• Systems matter. retention is about systems—member integration
systems, member recognition systems, member activation
systems, member feedback systems etc.
• Make membership retention the centerpiece of the
Health Club Manager’s job.
• Risk rate-Develop a method to risk rate all new members with
reference to the likelihood that they will become inactive or terminate.
Retention information provided by IHRSA guide to membership retention
– John McCarthy, Industry lessons on what and what not to do!
(03) 9841 5907