1. Professional Home Buyers The Backbone Of America’s Housing Industry Each franchise office is independent owned and operated Each franchise office is independently owned and operated.
2. HomeVestors <ul><li>HomeVestors is known as the “We Buy Ugly Houses ” company, thanks to our unforgettable red and yellow billboards featuring our caveman mascot, UG </li></ul><ul><li>We help people out of ugly real estate situations…giving hope during difficult times </li></ul>
3. HomeVestors’ Background <ul><li>HomeVestors is America’s #1 home buyer, standing alone as the only franchised business of its kind in the world </li></ul><ul><li>Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we provide training and support to our franchise network of more than 230 offices in 35 states </li></ul><ul><li>HomeVestors is a founding member of NARHRI , the National Association of Responsible Home Rebuilders and Investors </li></ul>
4. Our Neighborhood Commitment <ul><li>HomeVestors franchisees purchased more than 6,400 houses in 2007 </li></ul><ul><li>Through the efforts of our franchisees, HomeVestors revitalizes neighborhoods, buying “ugly” houses and making them pretty again! </li></ul><ul><li>We provide affordable housing, perfect for first time home buyers </li></ul><ul><li>By rehabbing distressed properties, we help keep homes occupied and on the tax roll </li></ul>
5. Background – The Real Estate Investing Industry <ul><li>The IRS recognizes that real estate investors are one of our country’s largest cottage industries </li></ul><ul><li>National Association of Realtors ® research states that real estate investors were responsible for buying 21% of all the homes purchased in 2007, or 1.4 million housing units </li></ul>
6. Background – The Real Estate Investing Industry <ul><li>According to the National Association of Realtors, investors represent all age groups and nationalities…young investors (under 35) accounted for nearly 40 percent of sales in 2007. </li></ul><ul><li>Investors are hard working professionals. We are honest, law-abiding citizens who will contribute to the upswing that’s going to occur eventually in our real estate market </li></ul>
7. Summary – How HomeVestors Can Help YOUR city! <ul><li>We help provide affordable housing for middle to lower income families </li></ul><ul><li>We cater to the first-time home buyer helping them realize the American dream of owning their own house </li></ul><ul><li>We can help prevent foreclosures by buying properties before they are foreclosed…helping financially challenged sellers market their properties </li></ul><ul><li>We are providing jobs for local contractors and landscapers, title companies, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, attorneys, and the advertising community </li></ul>
8. Summary: How Can You Help? <ul><li>Understand that real estate investors in your city can help stabilize the current housing market </li></ul><ul><li>Make it easier for first-time homebuyers and investors to get credit/loans </li></ul><ul><li>Don’t approve local legislation that hurts legitimate real estate investors </li></ul>